+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record Application- funds available

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
Hello All, hope your doing well.

I am currently in Canada, arrived from the UK on 21st October under the extended family exemption process, and am looking to extend my trip until the end of the year. The reason for the extension is that we have our wedding booked for 8th August. Initially i planned on leaving in March and Returning in May to prepare for the wedding but with the travel restrictions in place and the risk of it worsening i am looking to extend until the end of the year if possible.

My question relates to the form, IMM5708e- question 3a 'funds available for my stay'.

I am applying to stay until the end of the year, and submitting my extension request at the end of this month. Should i put my funds available at this exact moment? Or should i put the total of my monthly salary for the requested extension timeframe (March-Dec) as i am working remotely whilst i am here and it is my salary that i will use to fund the upcoming months. I planned on submitting my payslips to show i earn this every month too.

I will also be including a signed letter from my partner (Canadian citizen who works full time) stating that she can support me financially should i need it and that she covers my accommodation costs with her during my stay.

So really its just what funds do enter?

Any help would be appreciated

Reactions: Kendraraelang