+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record application cancelled

buenapilapil

Sep 22, 2022
Hi, I'm new here and would like to ask advise regarding the situation of my mom. I tried reading the other threads to get insights but there's none that fits my mom's situation.

Question: Can we still reapply for a visitor record even if it's already less than 30 days before her status expires?

Background: My mom got here in CA last April 17, 2022 and her return flight will be on Oct 2, 2022. While she was here, it was decided that she'll stay until December so we can spend the holidays together. We applied for a visitor record on Aug 24, 2022, and today, we received a status update that the application was cancelled. We are still waiting for the email on why it was cancelled, but I would like to know if we can still reapply given that it will only be 25 days before her status expires. By the way, her visitor visa is valid until 2029.

Also, I applied for visitor record using the below link. This is the same link where I applied for her visitor visa and we got approved.
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/home/application-status/2516765?lang=en

To everyone, who will answer, thank you very much in advance. I appreciate your time in helping me/us.

Cheers,
Buena