+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record application cancelled

Ecemg35

Feb 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
I applied for a visitor record 4 months ago. I stated that I want to stay with my husband during the pandemic time. I applied 2 more times before and got approval for the same reason. Unlike my other applications, I said that I got my work permit and applied for PR. I received an e-mail today and learned that my application was cancelled. What could be the reason? Have you experienced this situation before?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
hi
your message is not clear for probably experts to comment on
how many times did you actually apply
please specify the reasoning you gave for each application

Ecemg35

Feb 29, 2020
hi
your message is not clear for probably experts to comment on
how many times did you actually apply
please specify the reasoning you gave for each application
Thank you for responding
I made my two applications due to the pandemic. I got approval from both. Afterwards, I applied for an open work permit through my husband and stated that I wanted to work and cover my own expenses. I got approval. Actually, I did not know whether OWP is a status document, that is, enough for me to stay with my husband, so I applied for a visitor record. Because the previous record would expired.When I applied for visitor record for the 3rd time, I got cancellation( I dont know why.) In my 3rd application, I said that I applied for permanent residence and that I wanted to spend this process with my husband. I also requested an extension to the OWP expiry date.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thank you for responding
I made my two applications due to the pandemic. I got approval from both. Afterwards, I applied for an open work permit through my husband and stated that I wanted to work and cover my own expenses. I got approval. Actually, I did not know whether OWP is a status document, that is, enough for me to stay with my husband, so I applied for a visitor record. Because the previous record would expired.When I applied for visitor record for the 3rd time, I got cancellation( I dont know why.) In my 3rd application, I said that I applied for permanent residence and that I wanted to spend this process with my husband. I also requested an extension to the OWP expiry date.
Hi - a work or student permit, unless it states that the document "does not confer status," is a document like a Visitor's Record that extends a person's temporary stay in Canada.

Think of your OWP this way, you have extended your temporary (visitors) status in Canada AND you're authorized to engage in employment in accordance with any terms and conditions (Ts & Cs) that could be stated. The temporary status that the work permit provides is the cake and the authorization to engage in employment is the icing.

Someone who obtains a student or work permit is granted temporary status to be in Canada AND they're authorized to study or work subject to the terms and conditions of the document.

I hope that's clear. An example of where a work permit does not confer status would be a refugee claimant who does not have temporary resident status but is allowed to engage in employment while their claim works its way through the system. They're not temporary residents and have no "status" and their work permit will state, "this document does not confer status" to reflect their legal position while present in Canada.

Reactions: Ecemg35

Ecemg35

Feb 29, 2020
Hi - a work or student permit, unless it states that the document "does not confer status," is a document like a Visitor's Record that extends a person's temporary stay in Canada.

Think of your OWP this way, you have extended your temporary (visitors) status in Canada AND you're authorized to engage in employment in accordance with any terms and conditions (Ts & Cs) that could be stated. The temporary status that the work permit provides is the cake and the authorization to engage in employment is the icing.

Someone who obtains a student or work permit is granted temporary status to be in Canada AND they're authorized to study or work subject to the terms and conditions of the document.

I hope that's clear. An example of where a work permit does not confer status would be a refugee claimant who does not have temporary resident status but is allowed to engage in employment while their claim works its way through the system. They're not temporary residents and have no "status" and their work permit will state, "this document does not confer status" to reflect their legal position while present in Canada.
Thank you for your help.
There is a remark under my OWP like “ temporary resident status maintained as per R… . Accompanying spouse holder of a WP valid to same date.” Is it maining what you said? Do I need any visitor record beside my OWP? Sorry my concern. Thank you for in advance.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thank you for your help.
There is a remark under my OWP like “ temporary resident status maintained as per R… . Accompanying spouse holder of a WP valid to same date.” Is it maining what you said? Do I need any visitor record beside my OWP? Sorry my concern. Thank you for in advance.
Hi - Temporary resident status is what you want to see and it illustrates that you do not need a visitor's record because the open work permit is providing this status in its stead. You do not need anything else.

Enjoy, work and pay those delicious taxes and we'll all be happy.

Reactions: Ecemg35

Ecemg35

Feb 29, 2020
Hi - Temporary resident status is what you want to see and it illustrates that you do not need a visitor's record because the open work permit is providing this status in its stead. You do not need anything else.

Enjoy, work and pay those delicious taxes and we'll all be happy.
Thank you so much. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Bornlucky