+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor on a visa exempt

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Hi I would like to ask some advice. I know that I have to consult immigration Canada but they’re close right now(weekends). My gf left Canada Oct. 23,2022 and she wants to come back after 3 months to celebrate our 1 year this Jan. 20,2023. Will this be a red flag to the immigration officers because of coming back often? How can she provide sufficient evidence that she will not stay in Canada? Is the acceptance letter from her job in Japan and itinerary be enough? She’s a Japanese citizen by the way.

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
If she did not overstay her first visit, she should be OK.
[/QUOTE
This will be her 3rd time coming back to Canada. She went to Canada in December 2021 to study English and returned to Japan in March 2022. She came back here in July 2022 to visit me and returned to Japan Oct 2022. Now she's returning to visit me to celebrate our one year of being together, and I'm taking her to Toronto for a tour. After that, she will return to Japan because her teaching job will start on April 1, 2023. Will this be a concern?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Ultimately no one will be able to tell you what the officer will say. If the officer questions if she will leave or not, she should point out to the two times she's already been to Canada and followed the rules and left on time. Having the job to return to will also be a plus. You never know what will happen, but I think you should be ok.

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Ultimately no one will be able to tell you what the officer will say. If the officer questions if she will leave or not, she should point out to the two times she's already been to Canada and followed the rules and left on time. Having the job to return to will also be a plus. You never know what will happen, but I think you should be ok.
She also has her return ticket will that be a plus too?

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
yes, though people can always cancel that return ticket later. I think the fact she has travel history and following rules will be a benefit.
She told me that if she gets pulled into secondary again, she will tell the officers that she wants to visit and celebrate our 1 year anniversary because when she starts her job in Japan this April, she won’t able to visit as much so she wants to take the opportunity to spend time with before she starts her job. Will this be a good reason to convince the officers?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She told me that if she gets pulled into secondary again, she will tell the officers that she wants to visit and celebrate our 1 year anniversary because when she starts her job in Japan this April, she won’t able to visit as much so she wants to take the opportunity to spend time with before she starts her job. Will this be a good reason to convince the officers?
None of us can answer that question. It will be up to the CBSA officer she speaks to.

If she has concerns about issues in secondary, then she should bring documents with her that show proof of ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, etc.). She shouldn't offer up these documents unless specifically asked. She should also make sure she has a return ticket.

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
None of us can answer that question. It will be up to the CBSA officer she speaks to.

If she has concerns about issues in secondary, then she should bring documents with her that show proof of ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, etc.). She shouldn't offer up these documents unless specifically asked. She should also make sure she has a return ticket.
One more thing, her acceptance letter is in Japanese. Does she need to get it translated?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
You mention if she gets pulled into secondary "again"......have they pulled her in the past and if so what concerns did they have?

Reactions: scylla

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
You mention if she gets pulled into secondary "again"......have they pulled her in the past and if so what concerns did they have?
No they don’t have problem with her, it’s when she got pulled to secondary when visited last summer they didn’t ask any questions besides asking her about me, her job, and return ticket. That’s was her first time.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
No they don’t have problem with her, it’s when she got pulled to secondary when visited last summer they didn’t ask any questions besides asking her about me, her job, and return ticket. That’s was her first time.
I think you might be over thinking it....or at least i hope. They already asked her about you, she then left the country as per the rules. Im not sure what else proof she can provide that she will follow the rules if not by referring to her previous visits when she did just that.

LatrellCris

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
I think you might be over thinking it....or at least i hope. They already asked her about you, she then left the country as per the rules. Im not sure what else proof she can provide that she will follow the rules if not by referring to her previous visits when she did just that.
I’ve just been watching a lot of Border Security to point that it got me anxious