+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor marrying Work Permit holder, then travelling??

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
Hello All,
Since the past few days, I've been in a very confused state of mind related to some of the rules/intentions to show at the border. Basically, here's my situation.

Situation:
I am a worker on an open work permit. My PR application is in process under the PNP category. Me and my girlfriend are getting married in August this year in Toronto. She just got her visitor visa and so she will come here as a visitor (with a return ticket) 2 weeks before and then we get married.

Question:
1. If she gets married in Canada after 2 weeks entering as a tourist, does it seem to have false misrepresentation at the airport/cbsa when she entered?

2. We are planning to then take a short honeymoon outside Canada. After the honeymoon, will she still be allowed to enter Canada? Her visitor visa is 10 year multiple and she's got a return ticket back home.

3. At the airport/cbsa when we come back from our honeymoon, should we do our immigration together or as separate individuals? Our marriage license will be sent after we come back from our honeymoon, so technically we would have done our religious wedding, but it wouldn't be registered (i.e. legally married) at the time when we come back from our honeymoon.

4. We eventually plan to file her application as Inland Spouse application later on (i.e. when my PR is complete). Can this seem to arise any unfair intention in the minds of CBSA officers when we come back from our honeymoon?

I'd really appreciate if you could help get my mind straight about this. There are a lot of things only and it seems this case is a mix and match of everything and so I am not sure which thing applies here.
Your help would be great!!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
needPermit said:
Hello All,
Since the past few days, I've been in a very confused state of mind related to some of the rules/intentions to show at the border. Basically, here's my situation.

Situation:
I am a worker on an open work permit. My PR application is in process under the PNP category. Me and my girlfriend are getting married in August this year in Toronto. She just got her visitor visa and so she will come here as a visitor (with a return ticket) 2 weeks before and then we get married.

Question:
1. If she gets married in Canada after 2 weeks entering as a tourist, does it seem to have false misrepresentation at the airport/cbsa when she entered?

2. We are planning to then take a short honeymoon outside Canada. After the honeymoon, will she still be allowed to enter Canada? Her visitor visa is 10 year multiple and she's got a return ticket back home.

3. At the airport/cbsa when we come back from our honeymoon, should we do our immigration together or as separate individuals? Our marriage license will be sent after we come back from our honeymoon, so technically we would have done our religious wedding, but it wouldn't be registered (i.e. legally married) at the time when we come back from our honeymoon.

4. We eventually plan to file her application as Inland Spouse application later on (i.e. when my PR is complete). Can this seem to arise any unfair intention in the minds of CBSA officers when we come back from our honeymoon?

I'd really appreciate if you could help get my mind straight about this. There are a lot of things only and it seems this case is a mix and match of everything and so I am not sure which thing applies here.
Your help would be great!!

It's best to be honest with CBSA because they share database with cic and ircc and they consider misrepresentation and do it together I maybe wrong but cic and ircc will scrutinized your app Ifor you do that way

needPermit

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
Doc's Request.
07-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
07-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-013-2017
carolbb23 said:
It's best to be honest with CBSA because they share database with cic and ircc and they consider misrepresentation and do it together I maybe wrong but cic and ircc will scrutinized your app Ifor you do that way
But if I am a worker on a work permit and not a PR at the time we come back, can there still be a misrepresentation factor? Because at that time there's no scope for me to sponsor her because I am myself not a PR yet.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
needPermit said:
But if I am a worker on a work permit and not a PR at the time we come back, can there still be a misrepresentation factor? Because at that time there's no scope for me to sponsor her because I am myself not a PR yet.

Just be honest and say she's visiting and she's going back but you can have her as your dependant or spouse on your PNP

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
needPermit said:
No. There is no misrepresentation. Until she actually marries, there is no reason to declare it. She certainly can, if they are asking about luggage. But people come to Canada every year to get married. Not a crime.. Also, who is to say one of you doesn't get cold feet?

needPermit said:
That's up to the border guard. They will assess her for dual intent, if you have a PR. If you are just on a Work Permit, then shouldn't be an issue. She will need to tell them her marital status has changed, though.

needPermit said:
1.) You can't do it at the airport. You have to file paperwork, and they don't accept it there.
2.) You cannot do it separately, you would be married.

needPermit said:
THIS would be misrepresentation. If you marry, you MUST inform CIC immediately. That would constitute a material change to your circumstances. It would mean that they would allow you to declare her as a dependent, and she can apply with you at the same time. You could both be granted PR's at the same time. If your PR is already complete, then you have to file for hers, and they will assess her for dual intent. You may want to google "cic dual intent" to understand what I mean.

I would however, suggest asking these types of questions in the Nominee group for more accurate answers. This is spousal sponsorships...

Nominees: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/