+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor from the U.K. to Canada

sallymcleod

Mar 17, 2009
I have a friend who is currently unemployed in the U.K. who wishes to visit Canada. I understand that anyone can visit Canada for six months. At this point, he does not know when he will be returning since he wants to try to find some work here and/or see what its like to live here in Canada.

Couple of questions -

1. Is it better to have a return flight booked - will Canada Customs stop him from entering Canada without one?
2. Re health insurance - should this be purchased in the U.K?
3. How difficult is it to get a work visa if you are here visiting in Canada?
4. Is there a website that hires people from the U.K. and or others?
5. I have read about Burlach - is there an age restriction - this person is 46 years of age.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sallymcleod said:
I have a friend who is currently unemployed in the U.K. who wishes to visit Canada. I understand that anyone can visit Canada for six months. At this point, he does not know when he will be returning since he wants to try to find some work here and/or see what its like to live here in Canada.

Couple of questions -

1. Is it better to have a return flight booked - will Canada Customs stop him from entering Canada without one?

2 things with a one way ticket and no residency it quite likely the airline won't board him since they would be responsible to fly him back if he is not admitted. CBSA may refuse, no return ticket, no job at home, looking for work in Canada.

2. Re health insurance - should this be purchased in the U.K?
Yes or on line

3. How difficult is it to get a work visa if you are here visiting in Canada?
These days, with particular skills, extremely difficult as the employer has to obtain a Labour Market Opinion that they are no citizens or permanent residents available for job. Then your friend would have to apply Outside Canada for a work permit.

4. Is there a website that hires people from the U.K. and or others?

No

5. I have read about Burlach - is there an age restriction - this person is 46 years of age.

It is called Bunac and he is over 30, so not eligible.

Any help would be appreciated.

PMM

Thank you.

sallymcleod

Mar 17, 2009
Thank you for your quick response. That's exactly how I thought someone would answer. I think this person should come over for a visit with a return flight booked and make sure that he has health insurance.

tapraveen

Mar 29, 2009
Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the information. Is is very urgent.

One company want to hire me in UK and the problem is I have to go to Canada Office for one month initial training. The hiring manger asked me to get the information about the Visa to canada. Can any one help as how and what Visa I need to apply? I am currently in London. Your help will really help me in getting a job in this recession time in London.

What Visa I need to apply and what are the required documents?
How many days it will take for the Visa processing.
How much is the Visa fee
Do I need to book return tickets? Do I need to book tickets which do not have transit in US as I might need another US transit visa ( as I hold Indian passport)

Thanks for all your help

Best regards,
Praveen

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tapraveen said:
Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the information. Is is very urgent.

One company want to hire me in UK and the problem is I have to go to Canada Office for one month initial training. The hiring manger asked me to get the information about the Visa to canada. Can any one help as how and what Visa I need to apply? I am currently in London. Your help will really help me in getting a job in this recession time in London.

What Visa I need to apply and what are the required documents?
How many days it will take for the Visa processing.
How much is the Visa fee
Do I need to book return tickets? Do I need to book tickets which do not have transit in US as I might need another US transit visa ( as I hold Indian passport)

Thanks for all your help

Best regards,
Praveen
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp and for London http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt-eng.asp
2. 1-10 days depending see: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/missions/unitedkingdom-royaumeuni/visas/processing-traitement-eng.asp
3. See above
4. You will need return tickets.
5. The main question is what is your status in the UK? If is visitor, good luck

PMM

tapraveen

Mar 29, 2009
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the quick turn around. My Visa status in UK is Tier 1 HSMP valid till November 2011 and I dot not have an offer yet. Do I need to have offer and work here atleast a month to apply for a Visa? The reason why I am asking is the hiring manager told me that the day 1 will be in Training in Canada, so what strong documentation should I show to get this Visa. and DO I need to apply for a visitor visa or business visa? THanks so much for ur help

Best regards,
Praveen