+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension

corazonnomada

Jan 11, 2018
Just to update,

My application was denied today. I was expecting that because my passport expired while they were reviewing my application. In the letter they said I have to leave canada. :( is it possible to appeal this? Anybody had experience this before?

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I specifically asked for it in the cover letter.
Hi
my grandmother is on visitor visa(multiple entry) this is her second time.
First time she came in Nov,2016 and returned to india in May,2017.
Again she came in end September,2017 and its going to be 6months in mid march(her return ticket is on March,8).
Now I want to apply for her extension but I am not sure how much time I should ask and the reason I should put in the application.
To let you know I want to extend her visa as I need help as my kids are small although I do not work but I think this is not a valid reason to put in there. And one more thing how much funds (if I want to show my canadian account) we need to show now?
Her FD's in her name are still as such around(9lakh INR), that is also possible but would those only be enough or do I need a separate letter from Bank stating their amount.

Please I really need help.
Thanking you,
Pavneet

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
@Bryanna

Please advise what the options are if the visitor visa extension is refused.

This is actually for my mother who is just a visitor here and if the status can be restored depending on the reasons for refusal.

How much does restoration process take on an average? Is she allowed to stay here in "Implied status" while her status is being restored?

Your inputs on this would be much appreciated.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Please advise what the options are if the visitor visa extension is refused.

This is actually for my mother who is just a visitor here and if the status can be restored depending on the reasons for refusal.

How much does restoration process take on an average? Is she allowed to stay here in "Implied status" while her status is being restored?

Your inputs on this would be much appreciated.
IMO, if your mom has applied to extend her stay for the first extension then there's a pretty good chance that she could be approved. I'm assuming you included all necessary documents to indicate that you will financially support her extension + you gave a good reason why you would like her to stay for longer. Did she get a request for medicals?

If you apply for a restoration that would only restore her visitor status. Yes, she can continue to stay while her application for restoration is being processed.

If she is refused (visitor extension), IMO, it would be best for her to return to her home country and remain there for an equivalent length of time as her Canada stay.... before she tries to re-enter

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
IMO, if your mom has applied to extend her stay for the first extension then there's a pretty good chance that she could be approved. I'm assuming you included all necessary documents to indicate that you will financially support her extension + you gave a good reason why you would like her to stay for longer. Did she get a request for medicals?

If you apply for a restoration that would only restore her visitor status. Yes, she can continue to stay while her application for restoration is being processed.

If she is refused (visitor extension), IMO, it would be best for her to return to her home country and remain there for an equivalent length of time as her Canada stay.... before she tries to re-enter
@Bryanna :

First of all, thanks for your response as I was looking forward to it.

Yes, I did include all the documentation necessary and stated the reason for extension is being with me as well as visit more places.

She did upfront medicals and the corresponding documentation was submitted as part of the application.

If it is rejected, I am planning to restore and re-apply stating that she needs to be with me as she would otherwise be alone in her home country.

Does that make my case better? Or worse?

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
PGP depends on the lottery. That's why I could not pursue it although it is a good option in the long run.

While I understand that it seems as if she wants to live / stay indefinitely on a TRV, I am ready for any option.

Even Supervisa extension(after buying medical insurance) after restoration if needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGP depends on the lottery. That's why I could not pursue it although it is a good option in the long run.

While I understand that it seems as if she wants to live / stay indefinitely on a TRV, I am ready for any option.

Even Supervisa extension(after buying medical insurance) after restoration if needed.
You should really be applying for a supervisa given the amount of time your grandmother has stayed in the country especially if you get the extension. I think you may get similar feedback or concern that she is spending more time in Canada then India.

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
You should really be applying for a supervisa given the amount of time your grandmother has stayed in the country especially if you get the extension. I think you may get similar feedback or concern that she is spending more time in Canada then India.
One can only apply for Super Visa Extension from Canada, not the Super Visa itself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One can only apply for Super Visa Extension from Canada, not the Super Visa itself.
Yes but next time she is out of Canada she should apply for supervisa. You'll have to see whether she is granted an extension and, if so? for how long. I think that if your grandmother keeps visiting at this place you will start getting pushback and will be granted shorter visits at a certain point. I would also suggest the PGP program. I know you said that you weren't interested because it is a lottery but if you want your grandmother in Canada on continuous basis that is the only way and you can apply for PGP and have a TRV or supervisa at the same time.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@canuck78

Agreed. He may want to consider the PGP or super visa (for which his mom would have to return to her home country).

A small correction: OP has applied to extend his mom's stay (first extension).... it's not for his grandmom :)

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
@Bryanna / @canuck78

My mother is in Canada on an expired TRV.

I know that TRV expiry date only matters when you enter Canada. And the length of stay depends on what CBSA officer gives at POE.

Do you know if we can apply for TRV within Canada?

That way, it becomes easy to go to home country for a vacation and enter Canada back.

Last edited: