+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension - Letter of explanation after applying

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hello everybody! I hope someone can give me some advice on this topic.

I applied for my visitor extension in February, because my boyfriend and I wanted to apply for common law sponsorship. I was under the impression that I still should show the intention of returning to my home country, so I only mentioned I wanted more time with him but not that we will apply for sponsorship.
Fast forward to today, we have submitted the sponsorship application but have not received any news on the visitor record yet.
Can I somehow send a letter of explanation with proof of the sponsorship application now? I am really nervous that the visitor record gets denied.

Thank you in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everybody! I hope someone can give me some advice on this topic.

I applied for my visitor extension in February, because my boyfriend and I wanted to apply for common law sponsorship. I was under the impression that I still should show the intention of returning to my home country, so I only mentioned I wanted more time with him but not that we will apply for sponsorship.
Fast forward to today, we have submitted the sponsorship application but have not received any news on the visitor record yet.
Can I somehow send a letter of explanation with proof of the sponsorship application now? I am really nervous that the visitor record gets denied.

Thank you in advance
You can send a Webform but no guarantee that it will be seen.