+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension for wife

Erin Lynsay

Dec 1, 2017
Vancouver
Ok, I'm not sure what I did differently but it seems to be working for me now. I see that it is still asking for my wife's proof of medical exam even though she seems to be from an exempt country (Japan). Should I just redo the questionnaire and say that we haven't had a medical exam (I stated that she had but we no longer have the form as it has gone off to her PR app) in the hopes of avoiding that requirement and then stating in the letter of explanation that she's currently going through the PR process and that the immigration officials already have the successful results of the medical exam?
I wouldn't state that you haven't had a medical exam done if you did. I know it's for a good purpose and to simplify things, but be careful to not lie.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
So it seems that when you go through the online way, there's no request for a photocopy of the marriage license? That's definitely on the physical copy that you have to mail in.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I wouldn't state that you haven't had a medical exam done if you did. I know it's for a good purpose and to simplify things, but be careful to not lie.
Well I no longer have that official form (IMM 1017B), but I do have some kind of receipt from the doctor so maybe I'll upload that instead.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well I no longer have that official form (IMM 1017B), but I do have some kind of receipt from the doctor so maybe I'll upload that instead.
State "Yes" to the medical and include the receipt. Ask for a one year extension and include proof of the sponsorship application and proof of sufficient finances.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks, I'll do that. I'm filling out the visa extension form right now and I have a question. It asks for your original date of entry to Canada. For that, do they want to know the very first time you ever visited Canada? Or are they talking about the first time you entered Canada on this current temporary visitor visa? Because my wife came to Canada way back in 2001 to do a 1 year study thing but I'm not sure if that's the information they're asking for. And if it is, I don't know if she'll remember the exact day that she came.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
So my wife needs to list her employment for the past 10 years but I have her as #1 currently unemployed the past 6 months, #2 working at her previous job, #3 would be unemployed again. But that doesn't cover the past 10 years. I need to add another entry to get to 10 years but there's only space for 3 entries!
I could just add her previous job but then I'd have a gap time between the jobs. Should I just add the period of unemployment and then explain about the first few missing years in the Letter of Explanation?
Shit like this just stresses me out. :(

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
So my wife needs to list her employment for the past 10 years but I have her as #1 currently unemployed the past 6 months, #2 working at her previous job, #3 would be unemployed again. But that doesn't cover the past 10 years. I need to add another entry to get to 10 years but there's only space for 3 entries!
I could just add her previous job but then I'd have a gap time between the jobs. Should I just add the period of unemployment and then explain about the first few missing years in the Letter of Explanation?
Shit like this just stresses me out. :(
Do not leave any gaps, not even a month unaccounted for.

Yes include the extra info in the "letter of explanation" section and clearly state "the following information is to accompany the info on form xxxxxx question xxxxx as it would not fit in the space provided" or something to that effect.

Reactions: Erin Lynsay

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks, I'll do that. I'm filling out the visa extension form right now and I have a question. It asks for your original date of entry to Canada. For that, do they want to know the very first time you ever visited Canada? Or are they talking about the first time you entered Canada on this current temporary visitor visa? Because my wife came to Canada way back in 2001 to do a 1 year study thing but I'm not sure if that's the information they're asking for. And if it is, I don't know if she'll remember the exact day that she came.
They are asking about the date of entry of her current stay.

Bspar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Oh crap. I put of her original entry into Canada which was in 2002. Are you sure it isn't the original entry into Canada?