+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension during covid 19. (Preparing to submit common law sponsorship)

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello all, I have done some research but can't seem to find any similar situations to mine on the forum. My work permit expired on May 2nd and I submitted a visitors extension on April 15th. On my explanation letter I asked for more time while my spouse and I prepare to submit our application as certain documents that I need to get are currently unavailable due to COVID-19 and agencies in New Jersey are currently closed. From the information I gathered on other threads in the forum, I noticed that most people submit proof of submission of the Sponsorship application with their visitor extension. My case is a little different considering we haven't submitted it yet. Does anyone have any experience? I hope it gets approved as it would really complicate things if we submit the inland application and my visitors extension is refused.

Sarahliz

Jul 23, 2019
If I understand your question correctly (and if I don't my apologies!), you're wondering how difficult it is to get a visitor visa extension when you haven't submitted your sponsorship application yet? If that's the case, I extended mine twice before my app was ready to submit. Like you, my reason for filing was a situation that was completely out of my control (my attorney got abrubtly disbarred). I submitted a letter explaining the reason I needed more time and a document proving the situation with my atty. Both extensions were approved without fuss (although the second one got stuck in a backlog and wasn't processed for 4 months.)

Considering your extenuating circumstances are so *obviously* legitimate, I would think you have a pretty good shot. Best of luck to you!!

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hi I submitted my visitor extension application in february and my sponsorship application in may. I did not explain that I needed more time or that we are going to apply for sponsorship, because I was under the impression that I would have to proof that I still want to go back to my home country.

My visitor extension still has not been processed and I'm really nervous about it getting denied. So I think you should be fine, considering you explained everything in another letter.