+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension Application, from US to Canada Questions

sailinghome9

Feb 17, 2012
Hello again.

I am a US citizen currently visiting my Canadian boyfriend in Saskatchewan. By May 24, 2013, I will have been in Canada for five months. We have decided together that he would like me to continue "visiting" him so that in a years time, we can apply for the Common-Law Sponsorship.

I will be submitting an application for a Visitor's Extension; however there are a few things I'm uncertain of how to present and was hoping someone could shoot some advice to help my chances of it being approved. (Thank you thank you thank you in advance!!!)

Through reading different threads on this website, I am slightly concerned about not providing the necessary documents along with my application.

My boyfriend has been/will continue supporting me throughout my stay. Along with the actual application, will I need to provide proof of his income, or ties to anything from the US?

While filling in the application I've been following Guide 5551 and it's made me just a bit concerned (this is the Instructions Guide) but basically, do I really need to send in anything other than the application and the payment?

Thanks guys!

cindyqiao

Feb 20, 2014
Yes. You have to provide additional information like your boyfriend income, fund available, etc. Use checklist 5558.