+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor extension application cancelled by cic by mistake

mani0093

Dec 19, 2019
hello

i was on visitor visa in canada. i applied for visitor extension to stay with my husband . applied the extension on aug 8 .after a long wait of 4 months my application was cancelled stating that you have temporary work permit and someone else fingerprint and data have been put under my profile . i called cic they said that have made an mistake and will send a urgent request to reopen the application .
so far nothing has been updated
could someone help me out here . cause this is the first time that cic has mismatched two people record

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello

i was on visitor visa in canada. i applied for visitor extension to stay with my husband . applied the extension on aug 8 .after a long wait of 4 months my application was cancelled stating that you have temporary work permit and someone else fingerprint and data have been put under my profile . i called cic they said that have made an mistake and will send a urgent request to reopen the application .
could someone help me out here . cause this is the first time that cic has mismatched two people record
Not the first time. Just wait and they should reopen your app.

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019
hello

How long did it take them to re open your application?

mani0093

Dec 19, 2019
Did they reopen your application? The same has happened to me

hi aman

yes they did reopen my application. but i called them many times to make them understand what actually happened. after that they reponed and extended my visitor visa application

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019
hi aman

yes they did reopen my application. but i called them many times to make them understand what actually happened. after that they reponed and extended my visitor visa application
Could you please tell me long exactly it took from cancellation to approval? Thanks. I have called them multiple times and they keep saying it’s under review. Thanks

mani0093

Dec 19, 2019
my application got cancelled on nov 24 2019 and was reopened on dec 2 and i received approval letter on jan 15 . what is your case scenario. mine as that they gave me wrong uci on my visa

Aman Boparai

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Mine is same, except I was issued a permit before under someone else’s UCI. So I have two UCI’s now, which they are trying to figure out now. But mine is taking way longer. It was canceled in first week of feb and since then it says cancelled on my gic account. They even refunded my fee, which they haven’t asked me to repay yet. Did they refund your fee? Sorry to bother you, and thanks

mani0093

Dec 19, 2019
Mine is same, except I was issued a permit before under someone else’s UCI. So I have two UCI’s now, which they are trying to figure out now. But mine is taking way longer. It was canceled in first week of feb and since then it says cancelled on my gic account. They even refunded my fee, which they haven’t asked me to repay yet. Did they refund your fee? Sorry to bother you, and thanks
yes they did refunded it and aksed to pay again . dont worry they will figure out just keep calling them

mani0093

Dec 19, 2019
the things is actually there are few agents who take your call make a note on file and leave it . they dont pay much attention. when you call them make sure you tell them that you were called previously and np action was taken

Ecemg35

Feb 29, 2020
Hi Mani,
I also got the same application cancel warning. I had previously applied for a work permit and it was approved. Today I received an e-mail that my status was renewed and when I entered my account, I learned that the application was cancelled. Since I wanted to stay with my hurband And applied for visitor record. I did not have any missing documents. I applied twice before and was accepted. What could be the reason?

buenapilapil

Sep 22, 2022
hi aman

Hello what number did you call at IRCC? I'd like to know because I would like to inquire about the cancellation of my mom's visitor record application. Thank youl