+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor - Extend stay apply online

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Hi experts,

I like to apply extend stay for my Mother in law for 6 months using online. She currently in Canada for 5 months and she has valid visitor visa till 2020. In online, at very initial step there are series of questions asked to find out if you are eligible to apply. I have some doubts on which option to choose on below questions.

1. How long are you planning to stay in canada
- Temporarily - less than 6 months
- Temporarily - more than 6 months

Since my Mother in law currently residing with us for 5 months and extend stay for another 6 months, which option should i choose?

2. When does your status in Canada expire?
- Should i put date of visitor visa expiry (2020) or current stay expiry which is Feb 2019?

3. Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in last year?
What are those country or territory?

4. in Document checklist

Proof of Means of Financial support - Should i attach my pay slip and bank statements from Canadian bank?

Kindly clarify above questions and thanks much in advance for your support.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I like to apply extend stay for my Mother in law for 6 months using online. She currently in Canada for 5 months and she has valid visitor visa till 2020. In online, at very initial step there are series of questions asked to find out if you are eligible to apply. I have some doubts on which option to choose on below questions.

1. How long are you planning to stay in canada
- Temporarily - less than 6 months
- Temporarily - more than 6 months
Temporarily - More than 6 months

2. When does your status in Canada expire?
- Should i put date of visitor visa expiry (2020) or current stay expiry which is Feb 2019?
February 2019

3. Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in last year?
What are those country or territory?
Do click on the '?' button next to the question for the list of those designated countries

4. in Document checklist

Proof of Means of Financial support - Should i attach my pay slip and bank statements from Canadian bank?

Kindly clarify above questions and thanks much in advance for your support.
Yes

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Temporarily - More than 6 months

February 2019

Do click on the '?' button next to the question for the list of those designated countries

Yes

Thanks much Bryanna for your reply. For the designated countires, there was option only yes and no. just found this link on list of designated countries and it doesn't apply to my MIL.

Btw,

What is your current immigration status in Canada
- Visitor
- Temporary resident permit holder

My mother in law has visitor, category as v1. So i should choose visitor right?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks much Bryanna for your reply. For the designated countires, there was option only yes and no. just found this link on list of designated countries and it doesn't apply to my MIL.

Btw,

- Visitor

That's correct. 'Visitor'

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013

Btw,

- Visitor

Thanks again Bryanna. One more doubt on submitting proof of financial support. I'm planned to attach cover letter with pay stubs of mine and my wife and Canadian bank statements.

Does my father in law currently in India does have to write cover letter for his wife extend to stay application? and any financial support means?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks again Bryanna. One more doubt on submitting proof of financial support. I'm planned to attach cover letter with pay stubs of mine and my wife and Canadian bank statements.
Okay

Does my father in law currently in India does have to write cover letter for his wife extend to stay application? and any financial support means?
It won't help because your mom-in-law has decided to extend her stay + she cannot access your father-in-law's finances in India

Gokulcanada

Jan 9, 2013
Okay

It won't help because your mom-in-law has decided to extend her stay + she cannot access your father-in-law's finances in India
ok, Make sense. So what would be right financial documents should i submit for my MIL extend to stay? Wondering if i show only mine and my wife CAD funds will it be showing more on Canadian side and no support or ties that MIL will go back to India after extension? Like should we show there are still financial and relationship ties in India?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ok, Make sense. So what would be right financial documents should i submit for my MIL extend to stay? Wondering if i show only mine and my wife CAD funds will it be showing more on Canadian side and no support or ties that MIL will go back to India after extension? Like should we show there are still financial and relationship ties in India?
She just needs to state a reason to extend her stay + proof of in-Canada financial support from you/your wife will suffice. She is not required to prove her ties to India