+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor apply for work permit

giancab

Jan 31, 2009
I had a 6 month temporary visa.

You can have any kind of job offer. It's up to your employer to demonstrate he could not find any Canadian to fill the position.

It turns out that the more specialized your occupation is, the more possibilities to get the positive opinion you have.

It's not an easy one. But never loose your confidence.

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi Giancab,

Are you planning to apply for your PR? Eventually I will apply for my PR and wanna be prepared for it.
What is your job?

neda

Jan 9, 2009
hello everyone!
i also got a visitors visa (me a principal applicant and my husband is my accompanying dependant) it was not hard for me to get visa even though both me and my husband is a philippine national . my big question is i may not able to take leave before the expiration of our visa i work at canadian embassy official residence we are very busy so many functions,instead my husband will travel alone,this is my big question do you think BC guy the immigration at the airport will let him enter since he is my dependant in the application we submit to the embassy?
need your advice!!!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
He better have a good reason to explain why you are not there otherwise he will be a 24-48 visitor before they send him back

neda

Jan 9, 2009
thank you ,
what about if i travel with him and leave him there.
im afraid the immigration officer question me about my husband at the airport.
can somebody tell me they will not ask about my husband?

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
giancab said:
BCguy,

I was not presuming, it was just a suggestion. I know people from far East Asia who went to Canada with a holiday visa. It's up to vietgirl check if she is eligible or not.

About the eligibility for applying from inside Canada this is my story:
I was in Canada (Toronto) on July 2008 under a temporary visa. I got a job offer and then I went to the Saint Claire CIC office. The Officer told me that I could apply from both inside Canada or at the port of entry.

1) if you apply at the port of entry you have to go out of Canada and apply directly when you re-enter. For example, if you are in Toronto, you can exit at Niagara (border with US) and then re-enter, even immediately. When you re-enter you have to show the officer your stuff, including your LMO opinion, and if he is satisfied will give you the WP immediately.
2) if you apply from inside Canada, at the CIC office, expect to wait from 4 to 6 weeks to get your WP done.

I chose the first option.

Having a positive LMO is not enough as you have to satisfy the Officer with a number of other requirements.

but, vietgirl, the fundamental requisite to apply for a WP is having a job offer
HI BRO
I NEED U R HELP
I AM ON WITH LMO WORK PERMIT THAT GOING TO EXPIRE SOON AND MY EMLOYER NOT WILLING TO DO AGAIN BECZ BUSINESS IS SLOW. WHAT SHOULD I DO MY PR FILE ON LAST STAGE AND WAITING FOR PR
1 SHOULD I GO FOR VISTOR VISA?
2 IF I APPLY VISITOR VISA HOW MUCH MINIUM I WILL GET IT?
3 AFTER VISITOR VISA CAN I GO AGAIN FOR WORK PERMIT IF I WILL GET ANY EMPLOYER
4 AND IF I WILL GET EMPLOYER WHILE ON VISITOR VISA HOW MUCH STAUS I NEED BEFORE APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT
PLZ PLZ I WILL APPRECIATE