+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor application rejected for friend and family with UK and EU travel history, please advise

samahuj1994

Apr 27, 2020
Hello my friend and her family applied for a visitor visa and it was rejected.
They got the following reasons for refusal.
Friend = Lack of funds and ties outside Canada
Father and Mother = lack of ties outside Canada.
Friend - Female 24, unmarried, single
Mother - homemaker
Father - businessman in real estate
All three of them have travel history in UK and EU. My friend also holds a valid UK visa.
They applied via an Indian consultant and these are the mistake(?) he made =
  1. Applied from the IRCC portal with the reason "to meet a family member in Canada"
  2. Did not attach the bank statement of my friend
  3. Was not an RCIC registered lawyer.
  4. Possibly did not attach UK and EU visa stamps.
  5. Did not mention the reason for visiting as tourism
  6. My friend had a study approval letter from a university here. My friend mentioned that she would want to visit the university in person before committing to a course.

It will be great if you could help with the following =
  1. Does it make sense for her to apply again with her parents being in India? We are thinking of hiring an immigration consultant in Canada and getting it done this time.
  2. Should she apply on GC key or IRCC portal. The purpose will be pure tourism.
  3. If her to-be spouse does her outland sponsorship and this visitor visa application (the one she files alone the second time) gets rejected would it have a bearing on the spousal PR application?
  4. Should she apply for her spousal PR application and then apply for the visitor visa?
  5. We have applied for her GCMS notes, but they take a lot of time to arrive. What should we do different in the visitor visa application the second time. ?
Thanks

Applied = may 27
Biometrics = June 10
Refusal = Sept 12

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello my friend and her family applied for a visitor visa and it was rejected.
They got the following reasons for refusal.
Friend = Lack of funds and ties outside Canada
Father and Mother = lack of ties outside Canada.
Friend - Female 24, unmarried, single
Mother - homemaker
Father - businessman in real estate
All three of them have travel history in UK and EU. My friend also holds a valid UK visa.
They applied via an Indian consultant and these are the mistake(?) he made =
  1. Applied from the IRCC portal with the reason "to meet a family member in Canada"
  2. Did not attach the bank statement of my friend
  3. Was not an RCIC registered lawyer.
  4. Possibly did not attach UK and EU visa stamps.
  5. Did not mention the reason for visiting as tourism
  6. My friend had a study approval letter from a university here. My friend mentioned that she would want to visit the university in person before committing to a course.

It will be great if you could help with the following =
  1. Does it make sense for her to apply again with her parents being in India? We are thinking of hiring an immigration consultant in Canada and getting it done this time.
  2. Should she apply on GC key or IRCC portal. The purpose will be pure tourism.
  3. If her to-be spouse does her outland sponsorship and this visitor visa application (the one she files alone the second time) gets rejected would it have a bearing on the spousal PR application?
  4. Should she apply for her spousal PR application and then apply for the visitor visa?
  5. We have applied for her GCMS notes, but they take a lot of time to arrive. What should we do different in the visitor visa application the second time. ?
Thanks

Applied = may 27
Biometrics = June 10
Refusal = Sept 12
Are all the visitors Indian? When did you get PR? The friend would have to provide proof of her savings if an adult and the parents need to file a separate application and include proof of their own savings. The single adult can include her parents funds if she has limitted funds as a secondary source of funds with a letter indicating that the parents will help withher travel expenses but if she can’t fund her own travel that will weaken her application. The applicants should be including proof of employment and proof of leave from their jobs as part of the application. The fact that they have been accepted to study in Canada raises concern that she is not a true visitor and they will remain in Canada to apply for a study permit. At 24 there is also no reason for parents to have to accompany her to Canada to see a school. If that is the reason specified for the family to travel there will be doubts that that is the true reason for travel given such a large expense. What family members do theyhave in Canad? Did you send them an invitation letter? If you are male then there will also be concern that you are actually in a romantic relationship with her and they may be coming to Canada to get married and then apply for inland sponsorship. Are you male? Is she a romantic partner? Stop using the consultant you used since they have done a very poor job. You can apply on your own and there is no need to apply through a lawyer or consultants. A large portion apply without a lawyer and consultant. It doesn’t impact the approval rate. They should have known to include proof of savings for each application (the friend and your parents). They don’t need specifically include proof of the stamps. Follow the application instructions. Just to clarify the parents and your friends must have separate applications.

Have been answering the questions sequentially and had not noticed that she is indeed engaged to someone in Canada as I had suspected. Having her TRV denied doesn’t have any impact on spousal sponsorship application. If they are getting married soon I would not waste any more time delaying sponsorship to see if they can secure a TRV or study permit and then apply inland. I would start the sponsorship process outland and then attempt to get a TRV. She should apply alone and not with her parents. Applying with her parents only creates less ties to her home country and more ties to Canada.