+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor’s Visa vs Study Permit

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hi, My sister applied for visitor’s visa and got approved. At the same she got admitted to a University in Canada. Does she have to apply for a study permit or she can request a study permit at the border when she enters with a visitor’s visa.
Pls help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, My sister applied for visitor’s visa and got approved. At the same she got admitted to a University in Canada. Does she have to apply for a study permit or she can request a study permit at the border when she enters with a visitor’s visa.
Pls help!
She must apply for a study permit as it has different requirements than a TRV. She cannot request at border unless US citizen.

Reactions: 9191

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
She must apply for a study permit as it has different requirements than a TRV. She cannot request at border unless US citizen.

she has to go back to her origin of country and apply for a study visa from there?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

she has to go back to her origin of country and apply for a study visa from there?
No she can apply from inside Canada but it is processed in home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pls help!
It would be best for her to apply from her home country. Her application application is weaker if she applies from Canada.