+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visiting wife while application is processed

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Hey iam currently sponsoring my wife I just would like to know Iam planning to visit my wife in december for 1month. do i have to submit additional supporting documents while iam there. The reason I ask this is because my wife did her remedical, updated forms and pcc in the end of august 2010. According to the timeline for islamabad where it is being processed its gonna be 16 months to finalize so I would like to be with her incase they grant her visa so that i can bring her back with me. Is it a good idea to submit pictures or other things like boarding pass and passport stamp to show proof of my visit voluntarily or we should be okay for now and wait until they request something from us. Our process started in nov 2009 so its been exactly 1 year. Oh by the way Iam a canadian citizen Please any advice would help. thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaweda said:
Hey iam currently sponsoring my wife I just would like to know Iam planning to visit my wife in december for 1month. do i have to submit additional supporting documents while iam there. The reason I ask this is because my wife did her remedical, updated forms and pcc in the end of august 2010. According to the timeline for islamabad where it is being processed its gonna be 16 months to finalize so I would like to be with her incase they grant her visa so that i can bring her back with me. Is it a good idea to submit pictures or other things like boarding pass and passport stamp to show proof of my visit voluntarily or we should be okay for now and wait until they request something from us. Our process started in nov 2009 so its been exactly 1 year. Oh by the way Iam a canadian citizen Please any advice would help. thanks
You can visit your wife and return to Canada with her when her visa is stamped. It is not mandatory to inform the visa office about your visit to Pakistan.

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Thank you wilson for your reply. I am hoping for the samething I left her once and dont want to leave her alone again until they grant her visa. MAybe you can answer this for me. Do i need to worry about anything for e.g will they need anything else from me now that my wife did her remedical and updated forms back in august and dif not ask for anything else, because I want to just go and enjoy the time I have with her assured that everything is ok unless something comes up which iam hoping doesnt because I heard that the remedical is the last stage before issuing visa. Please if you can shed some light on this it would great. thanks again

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jaweda said:
Thank you wilson for your reply. I am hoping for the samething I left her once and dont want to leave her alone again until they grant her visa. MAybe you can answer this for me. Do i need to worry about anything for e.g will they need anything else from me now that my wife did her remedical and updated forms back in august and dif not ask for anything else, because I want to just go and enjoy the time I have with her assured that everything is ok unless something comes up which iam hoping doesnt because I heard that the remedical is the last stage before issuing visa. Please if you can shed some light on this it would great. thanks again
Only if you are a Canadian citizen, if you are PR be careful as the Act states you must be residing in Canada from when the application is submitted and the visa issued. Short holiday, usually okay, anything longer and you could have problems.

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Only if you are a Canadian citizen, if you are PR be careful as the Act states you must be residing in Canada from when the application is submitted and the visa issued. Short holiday, usually okay, anything longer and you could have problems.
hey thanks PMM for your reply i appreciate the advice and just to let you know iam a canadian citizen. I would like to ask you since i have been following most of your replies from the forum here and you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this field . Can you just please share something with me in regards to in the process when they issue remedical is the background checks done or they are done after the remedical. because my wife had to fill out the schedule background form again and also is it true that i heard that they always put a bf date so anything we submitted in the end of august 2010 will not be looked at until that date. Sorry i know iam asking alot but i just would like to be at peace of mind before i go on my trip next month. thanks and greatly appreciate your response. Oh just wanted to add that process started nov 2009

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jaweda said:
hey thanks PMM for your reply i appreciate the advice and just to let you know iam a canadian citizen. I would like to ask you since i have been following most of your replies from the forum here and you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this field . Can you just please share something with me in regards to in the process when they issue remedical is the background checks done or they are done after the remedical. because my wife had to fill out the schedule background form again and also is it true that i heard that they always put a bf date so anything we submitted in the end of august 2010 will not be looked at until that date. Sorry i know iam asking alot but i just would like to be at peace of mind before i go on my trip next month. thanks and greatly appreciate your response. Oh just wanted to add that process started nov 2009
1. If the visa office has requested a re-medical, then the background checks are complete or nearly so.
2. The BF date is just an "aide memoire" . A file is supposed to be brought out to the officer when any new piece of correspondence arrives. The BF is to ensure that the file is brought to the officer's attention just in case that something has arrived and the file was not brought out. Sort of belt and suspenders system. It is also used in the following example. Lets say that the security background check normally takes 3 months, so the officer would be a "BF" of the file about 3/4 months after the security request is sent. This way, if the security check has not been received when the file is brought out, the officer can then follow up to find out where the results are.

jaweda

Star Member
May 14, 2010
thank you PMM for your reply now i understand and its all clear to me now, I knew you would give a good answer like you always have to others in this forum. Best of luck

nida1310

Nov 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Sep 2010
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
21 Oct 2010
Med's Request
29 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6 Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Issued, Dec 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 19, 2012
My Husband is in pakistan. I am a canadian citizen. I have applied for his visa already 2 months ago. If I now decide to go to pakistan to live there until he gets his visa..is it ok? Or do i have to stay in canada and wait for the 16 months?

leslieteh09

May 14, 2010
hi

i am a PR and my husband will be visiting (using his tourist visa). will he have a problem entering canada even with our sponsorship applicaiton in process? (i have just been approved as a sponsor) he also quit his job,..should that affect anything?
can he extend his tourist visa (i heard it usually takes 6 months) if our application has not been completed by then?
if he cannot extend, can i get out of canada and stay away for around 3 months (while maintaining address in Canada)?

Thanks