+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Visa

Beth123

Mar 12, 2020
Kindly help. My husband was banned for 5 years for misinterpretation and since then I've been applying for visiting Visa to visit my daughter who just put to bed in Canada. My application has been rejected for misinterpretation. I've written to cic that I was not the one and also requested for gcms notes. I have applied 3 times now despite the fact that I've been to Canada before with any criminal records. Pls what can I do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kindly help. My husband was banned for 5 years for misinterpretation and since then I've been applying for visiting Visa to visit my daughter who just put to bed in Canada. My application has been rejected for misinterpretation. I've written to cic that I was not the one and also requested for gcms notes. I have applied 3 times now despite the fact that I've been to Canada before with any criminal records. Pls what can I do?
Your post is confusing. Were you banned from Canada or was your husband banned - or were you both banned??

Why were you issued a misrepresentation finding? Did you fail to mention a previous visa refusal in your application? Or was it for another reason?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I was not the the one". If you hire an agent to complete your application, IRCC will still hold you responsible for any information included in that application.

You will need to hire a lawyer in Canada if you want to try to overturn a misrepresentation ban. This is very difficult to do.

Beth123

Mar 12, 2020
Your post is confusing. Were you banned from Canada or was your husband banned - or were you both banned??

Why were you issued a misrepresentation finding? Did you fail to mention a previous visa refusal in your application? Or was it for another reason?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I was not the the one". If you hire an agent to complete your application, IRCC will still hold you responsible for any information included in that application.

You will need to hire a lawyer in Canada if you want to try to overturn a misrepresentation ban. This is very difficult to do.
I was not banned but I think there is a mix up in the name. The last time I applied my daughter hired a lawyer to apply which was denied again.

Could anybody recommend a lawyer for us again.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was not banned but I think there is a mix up in the name. The last time I applied my daughter hired a lawyer to apply which was denied again.

Could anybody recommend a lawyer for us again.

Thank you
What was the specific reason for the denial? This this still isn't clear.

Beth123

Mar 12, 2020
What was the specific reason for the denial? This this still isn't clear.
For misinterpretation on the side of my husband in his own application. But when I applied after his own denial for misinterpretation I used the same e mail he used for his own application, his name now appeared on my own application. I used webform to correct it but the IRCC never correct the mistake which was from thier own end and that application was denied then. That was how the problem started.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For misinterpretation on the side of my husband in his own application. But when I applied after his own denial for misinterpretation I used the same e mail he used for his own application, his name now appeared on my own application. I used webform to correct it but the IRCC never correct the mistake which was from thier own end and that application was denied then. That was how the problem started.
You don't need a lawyer. You just need to apply on your own and do it properly. Use your own email address.