+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visiting visa for adult daughter

shadfan

Dec 4, 2023
I need to apply to my 26 years daughter to visit for 3 months, but she has no work or any asset back home

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need to apply to my 26 years daughter to visit for 3 months, but she has no work or any asset back home
So what are her ties to return? She needs to show her own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reasons to travel. She is not part of your application and is a separate application and account.

shadfan

Dec 4, 2023
Unfortunately, she is a medical graduate ( finished in June 2022) and applied for a medical residency program but was not accepted, so she is planning to come to visit for 3 months and study for her exams while with the family as she has nothing to do at home, we are Canadian citizens and she had her PR but provoked as she couldn't proof enough time in Canada while she was studying, she has just few thousand ( 4 000) in her account as we still pay for her

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Unfortunately, she is a medical graduate ( finished in June 2022) and applied for a medical residency program but was not accepted, so she is planning to come to visit for 3 months and study for her exams while with the family as she has nothing to do at home, we are Canadian citizens and she had her PR but provoked as she couldn't proof enough time in Canada while she was studying, she has just few thousand ( 4 000) in her account as we still pay for her
So her PR was revoked/cancelled? That is way too long of a visit. She should be requesting a visit of only a few weeks as she doesn’t have enough money. She really needs more funds Given that you are Canadian citizens, her chances of approval are very low. IRCC will think she is intending to stay especially if she has no ties to return and nothing to do at home. She needs absolute ties to return.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have posted under Caregiver Pathways so post further questions under visitors. But she needs to show her own funds, reasons to return, travel history. If her PR was cancelled and you are citizens then her chances of visa approval are very low as she has “nothing to do”.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She should focus on qualifying for PR on her own. How recently did she lose her PR status? Where did she do medical school? Did she complete residency in her home country or wherever she did her medical education or just compete med school. If the rest of the family has citizenship you typically would have had to be in Canada for over 5 years. The chances of securing a residency program in Canada is still relatively low so I would be considering applying to another country like the US for residency or becoming a junior doctor in UK or Ireland. Given that she lost her PR status, isn’t employed, has significantly stronger family ties in Canada versus her home country, has tried to secure a residency spot in Canada and is trying to write her licensing exams for medical graduates in Canada that highlights her desire to move to Canada so obtaining a TRV may be very difficult if not impossible at the moment.