Visiting US while staying in Canada on Visitor Visa

Jith87

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hello All,

Please guide, my mother in law came to Canada on April 15th on Visitor Visa, We are planning to go USA by road. I wanted to know if she can come with us , she is having Valid USA B1/B2 visa and can re enter Canada by road. Will there be any problem at the border for re entering as she is on Canada Visitor Visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

Please guide, my mother in law came to Canada on April 15th on Visitor Visa, We are planning to go USA by road. I wanted to know if she can come with us , she is having Valid USA B1/B2 visa and can re enter Canada by road. Will there be any problem at the border for re entering as she is on Canada Visitor Visa.
She can re-enter. Whether she is allowed to re-enter is at the discretion of CBSA. She will not know until she returns.

Reactions: Jith87

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

Also agree that you shouldn’t cancel your trip if they have only visiting for a few months and received a 6 month stay when entered in April. if they had been visiting Canada for a long period of time then there may be more concerns about whether they would have issues upon reentry with CBSA. Some attempt to extend a stay in Canada by going to the US and reentering. If there are concerns that parents are trying to live in Canada and have been visiting for a long period of time that tends to be when issues with reentry occur.

Jith87

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Also agree that you shouldn’t cancel your trip if they have only visiting for a few months and received a 6 month stay when entered in April. if they had been visiting Canada for a long period of time then there may be more concerns about whether they would have issues upon reentry with CBSA. Some attempt to extend a stay in Canada by going to the US and reentering. If there are concerns that parents are trying to live in Canada and have been visiting for a long period of time that tends to be when issues with reentry occur.
oh ok.. ya i wont cancel the trip.. will plan to go and visit. yes she was with us from april.. and she have a return ticket to go back to india on august.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I'm planning on doing the same thing next months when my parents come to visit. They hold both Canadian and US visitor visas, they've visited both countries before. We want to walk the rainbow bridge, see the falls from the US side, and head back.

Let me know how it goes.

Jith87

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
I'm planning on doing the same thing next months when my parents come to visit. They hold both Canadian and US visitor visas, they've visited both countries before. We want to walk the rainbow bridge, see the falls from the US side, and head back.

Let me know how it goes.
Sure im going on Aug 13th...will let you know

Reactions: andrews17

amanbadal

Dec 21, 2021
I had the same situation when my mother arrived Canada on a visitor visa and I got her B1/B2 while she was here. I took her to US by road and no issue on re-entering.
Visitor visa- June 2022
Arrival in Canada - July 2022
B1/B2 issuance - August 2022
US road trip - Sept 2022
US trip duration - 3 days

Jith87

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
I had the same situation when my mother arrived Canada on a visitor visa and I got her B1/B2 while she was here. I took her to US by road and no issue on re-entering.
Visitor visa- June 2022
Arrival in Canada - July 2022
B1/B2 issuance - August 2022
US road trip - Sept 2022
US trip duration - 3 days
Really thats good hear... ya even i am also going for 3 days