Visiting to Canada from USA

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

My little brother is going to school in USA. He just arrived to USA last week and his classes start from next week onwards. He would like to visit me during Christmas and possible Thanksgiving as well. What is the visa process?

He is from Bangladesh. He previously visited a lot of countries in Europe, visited Australia and went to USA to visit once. But he is only 18. Should I show my financials to sponsor him or dad's who is paying for his tuition in the states? Let me know please.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My little brother is going to school in USA. He just arrived to USA last week and his classes start from next week onwards. He would like to visit me during Christmas and possible Thanksgiving as well. What is the visa process?
You can start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Do go through this forum. There are a couple of similar cases. You can then post the list of documents that he intends to submit.

He is from Bangladesh. He previously visited a lot of countries in Europe, visited Australia and went to USA to visit once. But he is only 18. Should I show my financials to sponsor him or dad's who is paying for his tuition in the states? Let me know please.
He must prove he can afford the visit without depending on you. This includes submitting evidence of funds that are accessible to him in the US + financial support of your dad. Your support is secondary.

I would also recommend he does NOT apply now. It's too early. He must wait for a few months until after he has started school to prove he has established some ties to the US

Reactions: sababx

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
You can start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Do go through this forum. There are a couple of similar cases. You can then post the list of documents that he intends to submit.

He must prove he can afford the visit without depending on you. This includes submitting evidence of funds that are accessible to him in the US + financial support of your dad. Your support is secondary.

I would also recommend he does NOT apply now. It's too early. He must wait for a few months until after he has started school to prove he has established some ties to the US
Thanks Bryanna. Sounds good. But also, he has Schengen Visa, Australian Visa and a previous USA Visa. It does show that he merely travels a lot. That would help right or he still has to be in the states with his current status for some time?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But also, he has Schengen Visa, Australian Visa and a previous USA Visa. It does show that he merely travels a lot. That would help right or he still has to be in the states with his current status for some time?
For his previous travels to the Schengen Area/Australia, etc, he returned to Bangladesh at the end of short visits.

With you in Canada + as your brother has only recently arrived in the US, the visa officer might believe that he won't return to the US. He must first establish his ties to the US/wait for some months before he applies for a TRV

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
For his previous travels to the Schengen Area/Australia, etc, he returned to Bangladesh at the end of short visits.

With you in Canada + as your brother has only recently arrived in the US, the visa officer might believe that he won't return to the US. He must first establish his ties to the US/wait for some months before he applies for a TRV
But he is going to Harvard. Why would he want to stay back in Canada

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
You didn't say Harvard earlier. Anyways. It's still advisable to wait until he establishes some ties to the US
Oh sorry my bad. Well I would like to invite him for Thanksgiving, if its too early then Christmas. Waiting 2 months and then applying is ok right?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Oh sorry my bad. Well I would like to invite him for Thanksgiving, if its too early then Christmas. Waiting 2 months and then applying is ok right?
I would think Christmas will be better than Thanksgiving. His previous travels + study ties to Harvard would certainly help