+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting only & wanting to marry my GF in Canada...is this possible?

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
hi there....i pray someone could help me....

i am planning to go to Canada for a visit this March 2010, because my girlfriend for 7 yrs is working as live in caregiver in Canada for only less than a year...is it possible for me to marry her there? what and how do we do it?

one more thing..legally she's still married in her home country...therefore she used all her legal name & legal husband's details that goes along with it on her documents when she went to canada....but technically...she's no longer interested in bringing her legal husband to canada & doesn't love him no more....please help us be enlightened...THANKS! we are both praying to have a bright future together...

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She cannot be married to two people at the same time.
She needs to divorce her husband and then she would be able to marry another person.

hawk0404

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2012
Med's Request
May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Interview........
i hope sooon...
Passport Req..
i hope sooon...
yes she will soon be filing divorce....once her paper's are allowing her to do so...it's just that on march is my vacation from work and i wanted to visit her and marry her even not to disclose yet to all her documents there...is this possible? is there such this as our case?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Ontario and Quebec (I guess it is the same elsewhere) before you get married you both need to:
1. Show a birth certificate
2. Show your proof of divorce, if you are divorced (this has to be certified/approved by a lawyer in Ontario)
3. Buy a marriage licence

Contact city hall for details. You can also look at the Ministry of Government services web site.

What other papers are your referring to?

There is no requirement to be a resident.

Above all, do not lie about anything........

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
there's also a possibility to state that one never had been married before. but there's a chance to be charged for being untruthful. why not to wait till she gets divorce finalized?