+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting my partner/Sponsorship from Philippines

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
It's disappointing that things are hard for me to visit my boyfriend and see Canada.

We will apply for a visitor visa, but I'm not hopeful of success based on the info in your replies. Even though I have a good steady job here in Manilla for the last 8 years (with the same employer), I do not own property or any business..

Hopefully my boyfriend can visit me here again in the meantime.

I have done some research on our other options:

We've been in a relationship for almost a year. I'm wondering if we would possibly qualify for sponsorship next year based on us being conjugal partners...

As per the CIC website...
This means :

"conjugal partner means, in relation to a sponsor, a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with the sponsor and has been in that relationship for a period of at least one year. (partenaire conjugal)"

"Conjugal partner:A person outside Canada who has had a binding relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with their partner. Includes both opposite- and same-sex relationships. See section 2 of the IRPR for the legal definition.

The requirements are :

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR

If you are being sponsored by your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, you must

submit evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor such as:

• wedding photos or proof that you are partners

• photos of yourself and your sponsor together (old and new)

• card/letters with postmarked envelopes

• e-mails

• telephone bills reflecting the calls made between yourself and your sponsor (phone cards which do not identify the caller or the number called do not constitute credible evidence of contact and should not be submitted)

• remittance slips

• proof of your visits to each other such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of

pages of your passports showing entry/exit stamps."

We can provide these. I'm wondering if this is possible for us?
Any opinions?

Thanks again for the replies

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As mentioned in one of your other threads, you face no barrier to getting married. This means you don't qualify for conjugal. Again, you'll be refused if you apply through the conjugal stream.

Either get married or live together for a year to become common law.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Why would you be refused as a Visitor? Have you visited any other country?

I ask because, my wife read online horror stories about people from the Former Soviet Union states (mostly young women) that had so many problems with Visitor Visas. She got herself worked up and had already decided before she applied that she would no doubt be denied.

I helped her to fill out the paperwork. In the end, 4 business days after she handed her paperwork and passport in, they asked her via email to come pick her passport up. They had issued a multiple entry visa for the life of the passport. No questions.

In her case, she comes from a region who is known for women trying to defraud men in Canada. So, her trip to Toronto for the first time was a little interesting, but all that's to say, she has been "living" here since last summer without issue (We have an inland application filed, and she has a work permit).

So, he needs to author you an invitation letter, and you should have visited a region that would normally be easy for you to visit (eg: Is Europe easy to visit? A shengen is pretty easy to get I hear). That should be enough to prove previous compliance, and working in Manilla (and banking aI assume), you have ties to home.