Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
I placed this question incorrectly in the Family forum. Its a temp visa quesiton not a family sponsorship question.

Charlie has already been so kind as to give me a good answer (the answer I wanted to hear), nonetheless, I would appreciate other opinions from those of you relying on temporary visas to visit Canada. If any of you have a good reason to believe that the approach described in the thread listed below is a bad idea, please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/motherinlaw-visiting-while-wifes-pr-application-is-still-processing-t97823.0.html

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Good approach. Note that the application is not about you. You are in Canada. The burden is for the mother in law to show she has enough ties (which she has being a professor) and her good travel history, twice to the US and timely departure each time. So you've (your mom in law) will have covered, ties (her employment, close to retirement, does not want to jeopardize getting the retirement pay and other benefits), travel history and financially capable (has her own money to spend for the visit). 100 days? Will the university/college where she's a faculty be able to let her go for that long? Request a shorter time. At POE normally the visitor is given 6 months allowed stay anyway. My 2 cents :)

annabruce said:
I placed this question incorrectly in the Family forum. Its a temp visa quesiton not a family sponsorship question.

Charlie has already been so kind as to give me a good answer (the answer I wanted to hear), nonetheless, I would appreciate other opinions from those of you relying on temporary visas to visit Canada. If any of you have a good reason to believe that the approach described in the thread listed below is a bad idea, please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/motherinlaw-visiting-while-wifes-pr-application-is-still-processing-t97823.0.html

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
job_seeker said:
Good approach. Note that the application is not about you. You are in Canada. The burden is for the mother in law to show she has enough ties (which she has being a professor) and her good travel history, twice to the US and timely departure each time. So you've (your mom in law) will have covered, ties (her employment, close to retirement, does not want to jeopardize getting the retirement pay and other benefits), travel history and financially capable (has her own money to spend for the visit). 100 days? Will the university/college where she's a faculty be able to let her go for that long? Request a shorter time. At POE normally the visitor is given 6 months allowed stay anyway. My 2 cents :)
Thanks Job_Seeker. Yes, I was a little concerned about the 100 days, but the Moscow visa office requires you to provide a copy of the ticket in advance. So, we decided to simply be honest about this and provide a letter from her University giving permission for this extended vacation. She will already be finished her term in June; its the late start to the fall term that is the problem. In many ways, I think this is better, otherwise it will simple be assumed that she plans to stay for the maximum six months, in which case, they will wonder if she's telling the truth about her employment.

I wish I could tell the Case Processing Officer how much I will be insisting on sending Anna's Mom home. As soon as possible, I want time alone with my wife and baby without influence from my mother or hers. ;D

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Once again, simple honesty, and an understanding of CIC concerns when processing temp resident applications, has paid off. Visa approved, and Anna's mother arrived in Canada last night.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
annabruce said:
Once again, simple honesty, and an understanding of CIC concerns when processing temp resident applications, has paid off. Visa approved, and Anna's mother arrived in Canada last night.

Hi! It's good news. So what did you submit for your mother-in-law applications for temporary resident visa? How did you explain her family ties? Did you include also cover letter? Just want to know how lucky she is. Need to ask some advise might help with my applications. Thanks! Highly appreciated :)

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Provided following:

1. Return ticket
2. Proof of job
3. Letters from superiors emphasising the fact that she would be returning to her job.
4. Proof of residence
5. Proof of sufficient funds
6. My passport copy ( I am the one doing the invitation )
7. Anna's passport copy ( applicant's daughter who is my wife and who is part way through PR application process )
8. Proof of Anna's status in Canada
9. Carefully filled out application forms.

Here's the letter of invitation from me ( some words removed for privacy reasons ):

Letter of Invitation for ...

Dear Case Processing Officer:

My wife, Anna, will be giving birth around July 7, 2012. XXXX, would like to
be there to support her daughter, Anna, and bond with her first grandchild. As a born and raised
Canadian, I would like to invite XXX to be with us in Ottawa, Canada, from June 16, 2012 to
September 30, 2012.

XXX's daughter, Anna, is part-way through the permanent residence application process under the
family category. I am Anna's sponsor. We have already received first stage approval. The second
stage is delayed until we complete the x-ray portion of the medical after Anna gives birth. Please, view
client id: XXXX-XXXX, for more information.

XXX is a high quality individual, employed as a Professor in XXXX, Russia. She plans to
continue working until the end of the academic year in 2014. She has a strong travel history, traveling
to the United States in the summer of 2008 and 2010 to visit Anna where in both cases she returned
home promptly. She will be traveling with approximately $10,000. Tickets have already been
purchased for her travel to Canada. XXX will be staying with us in our home at the address listed
above.

This is our current/future plan:
1) A Temporary Resident Visa so that XXX can be with Anna and her new grandchild this
summer.
2) Wait until 2014, when she retires, and then apply for the Super Visa, assuming Anna's PR
application has been completed and approved.
3) We understand that the Case Processing Center is NOT currently accepting Parental PR
applications. We don't plan a PR application in the foreseeable future. The Super Visa is
sufficient and, in my humble opinion, best for Canada.

You can be confident that XXX will return home promptly. She has a home and gainful employment
to return to. She wants to be with her daughter and grandchild, but common sense prevails. Anna and I
won't allow her to break the rules, because by doing so we jeopardize Anna's PR application. However,
more importantly, we deny XXX the opportunity to be approved for the Super Visa at a later date.

Thank-you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Bruce XXX

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Thanks for your info, highly appreciated! Congratulations...Cheers for your success :)

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
Buleg said:
Thanks for your info! Congratulations...Cheers for your success :)
Thanks! Good luck with your application!