+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Colombia on an Indian Passport (Canadian PR)

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hi All,

I'm in the midst of booking a trip to Colombia, and, was wondering if anyone on the forum knows about the VISA requirements for Indian Passport holders that are Canadian Permanent Residents? I've been reading on forums, and, it seems that Indian passport holders with a valid US/EU Schengen VISA are waived from a VISA, but, there seems to be nothing mentioned for Canadian Permanent Residents.

Any pointers?

Many thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cannot answer your question based on any experience but I read it as you did that as an Indian Passport holder with a US or Schengen visa that is valid for 180 plus days at time of entry can enter visa free for upto 90 days.

http://www.colombia.travel/en/practical-information/visa

PR status in Canada usually has no influence on visa applications for any other country given you are still a citizen of your home country.

Having said that There is a very limited list of countries where based on being a PR regardless of citizenship or holder of other visas have limited visa free entry/ visit rights but Columbia is not one of them.

As said above my interpretation only not based on experience, if in doubt I guess contact the Colombian embassy/ consulate.

Last edited:

mkannuri

Nov 18, 2021
Hi All,

I'm in the midst of booking a trip to Colombia, and, was wondering if anyone on the forum knows about the VISA requirements for Indian Passport holders that are Canadian Permanent Residents? I've been reading on forums, and, it seems that Indian passport holders with a valid US/EU Schengen VISA are waived from a VISA, but, there seems to be nothing mentioned for Canadian Permanent Residents.

Any pointers?

Many thanks!
Hi Maverick,
I am also looking for that information as one of our friend wants to join us on a trip to colombia during xmas holidays and we all are canadian citizens but he is not.
Have you managed to travel without visa having only PR card or have you ended up taking visa in canada before travelling?
appreciate your feedback.