+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada while PR application is processing

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Hey all,

I am currently living with my wife in our apartment in Canada. Our PR application has been accepted for sponsorship and we are just waiting on their final decision.

The stamp in my US Passport has an expiry date of August 6th(end of my 6month stay).

What I was wondering is this:

Can I just simply drive across the border into the States and spend a day there then turn around and go back in to Canada in order to get more time stamped into my passport?

Thanks guys ;D

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The Port of Entry Officer might think you are "flagpoling", so you may or may not be allowed in. Why not apply for a visit extension at Vegreville? Attach a copy or the receipt paid for the sponsorship.

Vercetti said:
Hey all,

I am currently living with my wife in our apartment in Canada. Our PR application has been accepted for sponsorship and we are just waiting on their final decision.

The stamp in my US Passport has an expiry date of August 6th(end of my 6month stay).

What I was wondering is this:

Can I just simply drive across the border into the States and spend a day there then turn around and go back in to Canada in order to get more time stamped into my passport?

Thanks guys ;D