+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada after refugee claim is refused

Arie

Mar 27, 2015
Hello every one

I'll start my story from 1998 onwards
In 1998, me and my family applied for refugee stаtus in Canada, at the time I was 18 years old, and the principal applicant was my father.
It was not approved, and so we had to leave Canada.
It has been almost 17 years,
Now,I am planning to visit Canada, but am afraid that there will be problems with obtaining visas.
should I fear the visa denial because of the past.

I would appreciate any feedback. 8)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Arie said:
Hello every one

I'll start my story from 1998 onwards
In 1998, me and my family applied for refugee stаtus in Canada, at the time I was 18 years old, and the principal applicant was my father.
It was not approved, and so we had to leave Canada.
It has been almost 17 years,
Now,I am planning to visit Canada, but am afraid that there will be problems with obtaining visas.
should I fear the visa denial because of the past.

I would appreciate any feedback. 8)
It is reasonable to expect a denial. However, the only way to find out, is to apply. You will need to prove that your ties to your existing country are so strong that you are unlikely to try and claim refugee status when you arrive.

Arie

Mar 27, 2015
thanks for the answer
I have no illusions concerning the decision on the visa
my hope that passed a lot of time, and
that the main applicant was not I
It turns out that I have to bear responsibility for action of my parents.

SuperVisa

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.

My case was similar to your case. I was asked to leave Canada in 2006. In 2011 I applied for a visitor visa and this was denied because , I became inadmissible to enter to Canada.

Please tell us more details about your departure:

1. You appealed the decision of your refugee claim ? or
2. You left Canada before the 30 days after the denial.

If your answer is number 1. so, you need to write an "ARC" Authorization to Re-enter to Canada and to pay the costs of deportation ( $750 or $1,500 it depend ) ant $400 for the application fees. You need to attach some documents that proof when you left Canada etc.

If your answer is number 2. you can apply for a visitor visa without worries about it.

God bless you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SuperVisa said:
Hi.

My case was similar to your case. I was asked to leave Canada in 2006. In 2011 I applied for a visitor visa and this was denied because , I became inadmissible to enter to Canada.

If your answer is number 1. so, you need to write an "ARC" Authorization to Re-enter to Canada and to pay the costs of deportation ( $750 or $1,500 it depend ) ant $400 for the application fees. You need to attach some documents that proof when you left Canada etc.

If your answer is number 2. you can apply for a visitor visa without worries about it.

God bless you.
1. You should note that your situation is different that the OP's. As his families refugee claim was prior to 2002, when the present act was proclaimed. Under the previous Act there was no "30 days to leave" provision, if you claimed refugee status, and were denied a removal order was issued.

Arie

Mar 27, 2015
SuperVisa said:
Hi.

God bless you.
Me and my family left Canada in two weeks after denial.

Arie

Mar 27, 2015
But honestly, I don't know all the details because at the time I was actually a teenager,part of the family