N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-11
LANDED..........
06-01-12
Hi guys,

Well, myself (Canadian/U.S. citizen common-law sponsor) and my partner (U.S. applicant) are planning to travel to B.C. next month from our current home in the Midwest United States to meet the soon-to-be-born son of my sister (yay! first time aunties!).

-I have already booked a ticket to go alone as I am able to take more time off from work than my partner.
-My partner is booking her ticket today, and will be arriving and departing on her own, likely using public transit to get to my sister's neighborhood from the Vancouver airport
-I will be arriving in Vancouver 9/5 and returning to the U.S. on 9/13, Her potential plane tickets would have her arriving in Vancouver on 9/9 and returning to the U.S. on 9/12, both of us will have return e-tickets and U.S. passports. (Not sure what to do with my Canadian Citizenship card in this situation..?)

Mississauga received our Outside Canada Family Class Common Law application in the 3rd week of July 2011, so we do not have any type of ID# except the Receipt of fees paid form, and have not heard anything about sponsorship processing or approval. So we're in process but not really in process, and I have no idea where things will be by early September.

Is my partner okay to travel to Canada next month? What would she say at the border in the airport about her visit and our application? Is it detrimental/helpful/insignificant that we have applied for her PR but may not be in the database by then? Is it okay for her to travel alone if she has a return ticket, bank account statements, and my sister's address she will be going to from the airport? Does her solitary arrival/finding her own way to my family's neighborhood affect things?

Thanks for any info!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
throwmyapples said:
Hi guys,

Well, myself (Canadian/U.S. citizen common-law sponsor) and my partner (U.S. applicant) are planning to travel to B.C. next month from our current home in the Midwest United States to meet the soon-to-be-born son of my sister (yay! first time aunties!).

-I have already booked a ticket to go alone as I am able to take more time off from work than my partner.
-My partner is booking her ticket today, and will be arriving and departing on her own, likely using public transit to get to my sister's neighborhood from the Vancouver airport
-I will be arriving in Vancouver 9/5 and returning to the U.S. on 9/13, Her potential plane tickets would have her arriving in Vancouver on 9/9 and returning to the U.S. on 9/12, both of us will have return e-tickets and U.S. passports. (Not sure what to do with my Canadian Citizenship card in this situation..?)

Mississauga received our Outside Canada Family Class Common Law application in the 3rd week of July 2011, so we do not have any type of ID# except the Receipt of fees paid form, and have not heard anything about sponsorship processing or approval. So we're in process but not really in process, and I have no idea where things will be by early September.

Is my partner okay to travel to Canada next month? What would she say at the border in the airport about her visit and our application? Is it detrimental/helpful/insignificant that we have applied for her PR but may not be in the database by then? Is it okay for her to travel alone if she has a return ticket, bank account statements, and my sister's address she will be going to from the airport? Does her solitary arrival/finding her own way to my family's neighborhood affect things?

Thanks for any info!
Hi, :D,
You did explain your question very well.
I don't see any reason for a refusal of your partner's entry to Canada for a short duration. The mentioned evidences to support her return to US are sufficient. She can tell the facts to the officer attending her at the POE which could be considered favorably.

throwmyapples

Feb 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-19-11
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
07-26-11
File Transfer...
09-27-11
Med's Done....
06-17-11
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-11
LANDED..........
06-01-12
wilson said:
I don't see any reason for a refusal of your partner's entry to Canada for a short duration. The mentioned evidences to support her return to US are sufficient. She can tell the facts to the officer attending her at the POE which could be considered favorably.
wilson said:
Thanks! So would you say that
-her travelling there on her own
-as well as a current lack of any ID# but the payment receipt
...won't have a negative bearing on her approval for entry for the weekend?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She probably won't even be in the system by then. She will almost certainly be let in just as an American tourist. I wouldn't mention the PR application unless the border agent asks, in which case she can show the receipt.