+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa!

yarn128

Feb 10, 2011
Hi,

Thank you for the previous help. Some of you know my case already..but for everyone else, I sponsored my husband from U.A.E to Canada in March 2011. After that, I came to live with him here.

Currently I am living with him. Now, the visa office has asked us to give them proof of res-establishment. I am providing different things for that, and I am also stating that I had to come to U.A.E as this is the only place me and my husband could live togeather (as he is working full-time)

My question is...what if they ask why he didn't apply for a visit visa until now? I mean if we wanted to be togeather, he could have filed for visit visa until his PR was issued.

Is it even possible to apply for a visit while your PR is in the process?

Thank you.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
It is possible to apply although it may not necessarily be approved due to risk of overstaying especially with a PR in process. You do need to provide a very strong proof that he will return after the visit such as mortgage, letter from employer on duration of leave etc. I am applying for a visit visa for xmas, am just waiting for my sponsor to be approved (mid oct), although it may not be approved am gonna try anyways. I will include a letter from HR, a letter from my boss of what Projects i am involved in and needs to return by certain date, mortgage, car loans, funds etc.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
If they ask why he's not living in Canada on a visit visa until his PR gets approved, just say what you said here... he wouldn't be able to work in Canada on a visit visa, and you weren't sure about applying for one with his PR app in progress

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I doubt they will ask anyway, since the VOs know that TRV are not usually issued to foreign spouses. If the VO does ask, I would say what people mentioned above, and also say you didn't think he would get a TRV, since he has a Canadian spouse.