+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa

Slola26

Aug 27, 2020
I want to go visit my boyfriend in canada. He is a citizen and he will be sponsoring the whole thing. What I need help with is.
Is there a particular way to write the invitation letter if so where can I get good examples to follow.
If he writes that he is going to sponsor the whole trip do I still have to show proof of funds when applying
Family ties- I do not have a job currently but I take care of my mum, how do I go about convincing them that I will come back
Also should I start applying now or wait till the restrictions have been lifted

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No difference to apply now or later.

Nor any particular way to write the invitation letter.

Yes you need to show proof of funds even if your bf will be paying the trip. I have no idea how you convince them you will return at the end of your intended trip (given you are unemployed).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends how long you intend to stay in Canada, your destination in Canada and where you travel from.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
3 months or less. I'll be traveling from Nigeria to Vancouver
Maybe best to not apply upfront in the application for 3 months, have a better chance of approval with 2-3 weeks to appear as a visitor.

How long you can stay anyway would be determined by CBSA on arrival so could still get 3 months at that stage.

Slola26

Aug 27, 2020
OK I see your point I'll apply for 2-3 weeks book the round trip. Also since there's travel restrictions should I go ahead with application

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK I see your point I'll apply for 2-3 weeks book the round trip. Also since there's travel restrictions should I go ahead with application
Don't book ahead. Just print out the itinerary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks so much
In order to be approved you need to show that you have your own funds and can pay for your own travel and not exhaust your savings. You’ll also need to show that you have strong ties to Nigeria like a well paying longterm job, property in your name, etc. International travel especially to countries like the US, UK(or other European countries), Australia, etc. As others have pointed out you should only as for a few weeks. Travel restrictions are likely to go one for quite a while, unfortunately your application is very weak so your chances of approval are not great. You can certainly apply and hope for the best. Due to the large volume of Nigerians who have claimed asylum of the past few years it is very hard for Nigerians to get TRV without a strong application.