+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa TRV - VFS UAE 2019

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Hey guys , good to see There is a page for trv applications from uae , Sharing my timeline here
May1 - online application
May 1 -biometrics request
May 5 - biometrics submitted

No updates till now , Trv timeline at CIC website as of today 28 days

Anybody here who’s applied at similar dates to me ?
applied on march 15
Still waiting. I know few who are waiting from feb march and april

Reactions: Tim186

Tim186

Apr 2, 2019
applied on march 15
Still waiting. I know few who are waiting from feb march and april
MARCH 15!!!!, tht sounds devastating, d wait is the hard part, especially when you're not informed if its approved or not, it shows on d cic website 28 days, i guess my hopes are also going down the drain!! do u knw pepl who got their TRV after u applied?

stephanie_sahara

Jun 20, 2018
Hello there!

Just sharing mine.

Applied online- April 22
Biometrics request- May 8
Biometrics submitted- May 12

Still waiting for further updates...

stephanie_sahara

Jun 20, 2018
Hi folks!

I wanted to ask something, If it's possible I will wait for the decision in philippines but process here in dubai? I did my biometrics last may 12. Planning to go this coming june 1. I hope you can answer my question. Thanks

sayanara

Jul 22, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
PNP
Hi folks!

I wanted to ask something, If it's possible I will wait for the decision in philippines but process here in dubai? I did my biometrics last may 12. Planning to go this coming june 1. I hope you can answer my question. Thanks
I did my biometrics on the 7th of May and got original passport request on May, 9(the visa was approved in 2 days). It was extremely fast, but till now I am waiting for Aramex to deliver my passport from abu Dhabi. It's been 2 days already with the courier:confused:
You can wait here or you can go to your country, you will have 1 month to submit your passport.
Its copied from the passport request letter:
"Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport."

stuckinoffice

May 5, 2019
Hello. I would like to share my visa application timeline here.

Apr 25 – Submitted paper-based application to VFS Dubai. Biometrics done same day as the application submission to VFS.
Apr 29 – Linked my paper-based application to CIC online account.
May 4 – Review of eligibility status changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements” from “Your application is in progress.”
May 15 – Correspondence letter re: validity of biometric information
May 19 – Final decision. Application is approved.

The system shows counterfoil and document number. Expiry date is 2020 which may mean that the visa is only valid for a year (?). I have submitted my passport along with my application so I should just wait a few more days before it is sent back to me through courier.

This is my first time applying for a visit visa to Canada (or to any country requiring a visa). I hold a Philippine passport and have been working and living in UAE for 12 years. Here are the documents I submitted along with the basic forms required:
1. Bank statement - 4 months. This is where my salary gets credited.
2. Pay slips - 3 months
3. Employment certificate
4. NOC from employer
5. Travel insurance
6. Dummy bookings for ticket and hotel showing one week stay in Toronto only.
7. Travel history in a tabular form along with the copies of my passport stamps - previously travelled in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Iran, Cambodia. In my form, I indicated the dates, number of days, city, country and purpose of visit. Also included the my travels back to Philippines.

Note that I have no inviter. I also did not submit a day-to-day itinerary because this was not in the list of required documents. I found out about this forum after my application. Reading through other people's posts got me worried the entire time because I may have missed out some supporting documents. Nevertheless, I am glad that the visa is approved albeit being just valid for a year.

Good luck to all!

Shaheen1980

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello. I would like to share my visa application timeline here.

Apr 25 – Submitted paper-based application to VFS Dubai. Biometrics done same day as the application submission to VFS.
Apr 29 – Linked my paper-based application to CIC online account.
May 4 – Review of eligibility status changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements” from “Your application is in progress.”
May 15 – Correspondence letter re: validity of biometric information
May 19 – Final decision. Application is approved.

The system shows counterfoil and document number. Expiry date is 2020 which may mean that the visa is only valid for a year (?). I have submitted my passport along with my application so I should just wait a few more days before it is sent back to me through courier.

This is my first time applying for a visit visa to Canada (or to any country requiring a visa). I hold a Philippine passport and have been working and living in UAE for 12 years. Here are the documents I submitted along with the basic forms required:
1. Bank statement - 4 months. This is where my salary gets credited.
2. Pay slips - 3 months
3. Employment certificate
4. NOC from employer
5. Travel insurance
6. Dummy bookings for ticket and hotel showing one week stay in Toronto only.
7. Travel history in a tabular form along with the copies of my passport stamps - previously travelled in Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Iran, Cambodia. In my form, I indicated the dates, number of days, city, country and purpose of visit. Also included the my travels back to Philippines.

Note that I have no inviter. I also did not submit a day-to-day itinerary because this was not in the list of required documents. I found out about this forum after my application. Reading through other people's posts got me worried the entire time because I may have missed out some supporting documents. Nevertheless, I am glad that the visa is approved albeit being just valid for a year.

Good luck to all!
Wow lucky you!