+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa to Canada

Mona Mohamed

Dec 19, 2021
Hello, hope all is well
I am Egyptian, currently work in UAE, and I want to visit my boyfriend in Canada.
I applied 4 months ago and they rejected my application as they mentiond I have poor travel history and than there was no obvious reasons for me to leave Canada !! My boyfriend mentiond that I will be staying with him and that he will sponsor me there during my length of stay.
he came to Dubai to see me, and now I want to try to apply again as I want to go and visit him in Canada ! So any advice for me ! And next time I apply should I mention my boyfriend or it’s better if I don’t ?!
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, hope all is well
I am Egyptian, currently work in UAE, and I want to visit my boyfriend in Canada.
I applied 4 months ago and they rejected my application as they mentiond I have poor travel history and than there was no obvious reasons for me to leave Canada !! My boyfriend mentiond that I will be staying with him and that he will sponsor me there during my length of stay.
he came to Dubai to see me, and now I want to try to apply again as I want to go and visit him in Canada ! So any advice for me ! And next time I apply should I mention my boyfriend or it’s better if I don’t ?!
Thank you
You need to address the past reasons for refusal. Travel history can’t be addressed unless you have travel visas to UK, US, NZ or AUS. You need to show your own funds to support a visit to Canada. Show strong ties such as job, investments, property. The issue is that you don’t live in your home country so approval will be a challenge. There are no such thing as sponsorship for a travel visit.

Mona Mohamed

Dec 19, 2021
You need to address the past reasons for refusal. Travel history can’t be addressed unless you have travel visas to UK, US, NZ or AUS. You need to show your own funds to support a visit to Canada. Show strong ties such as job, investments, property. The issue is that you don’t live in your home country so approval will be a challenge. There are no such thing as sponsorship for a travel visit.
I haven’t been anywhere except to Turkey and UAE
My funds were no issue as they never mentioned a problem related to funds.
they mentioned three reasons for the rejection
1- based on the purpose of your visit.
2-based on your immigration status.
3-based on your travel history.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Purpose of visit refusal reason means IRCC has concerns that you have plans to remain in Canada long term. This often also indicates that your ties to yoru home country are too weak / need to be strengthened.

It is generally harder to get approved if you are living in a country temporarily rather than living in a country where you have citizenship / permanent residency. How long is your visa still valid for?

You can't really do anything about the travel history refusal reason.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes because purpose of visit is a broad term and can mean a few things. If your boyfriend wrote a letter to say he would support your stay then there is concerns that you will not return to UAE since you are not a citizen. Also if he said support, it could mean officers have concerns you can't fund your own visit. His invitation letter may not have helped your application depending what it said and his status in Canada.

Mona Mohamed

Dec 19, 2021
Ok, so what are the suggestions for my next application plz ?
should I mention him and let him write me another invitation letter ? Or just apply on my own as a visitor and that’s it ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
should I mention him and let him write me another invitation letter ? Or just apply on my own as a visitor and that’s it ?
Before you do anything, what can you do to strengthen your ties in the resident / home country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wait for GCMS notes and address all reasons for refusal. They already know you have a boyfriend in Canada as you included his invitation. Your past application is still on file, You need to show strong ties - job letter, leave. The issue is that you don’t live in your home country so you need to prove that you will return to UAE - job, property, investments, loans. Lack of travel history cannot be overcome.

sharmaalberta

Apr 11, 2019
Hi,
My father's visitor visa is expiring in July 2022 as his passport was expiring in July 2022. I already received the new passport and he is here in Canada with me. I want to understand that can I extend his stay in Canada past July 2022 even though his visitor visa will expire in July 2022. Please let me know. Thank you.

Mona Mohamed

Dec 19, 2021
Wait for GCMS notes and address all reasons for refusal. They already know you have a boyfriend in Canada as you included his invitation. Your past application is still on file, You need to show strong ties - job letter, leave. The issue is that you don’t live in your home country so you need to prove that you will return to UAE - job, property, investments, loans. Lack of travel history cannot be overcome.
how long my application will last in my file ? And previously I sent them my job offer and also a letter from my work that they don’t mind me traveling to Canada for a certain period of time and that I will be back to my work.
I don’t have property and I don’t take loans

Mona Mohamed

Dec 19, 2021
Before you do anything, what can you do to strengthen your ties in the resident / home country?
I have no idea,I started taking my driving lisence course, I paid the money in advance for it and didn’t finish yet
I can not rent a place under my name because it’s so expensive in here. So seriously I don’t know what my options are !

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no idea,I started taking my driving lisence course, I paid the money in advance for it and didn’t finish yet
I can not rent a place under my name because it’s so expensive in here. So seriously I don’t know what my options are !
Then I suggest you don't apply until you figured out. If you apply now, it just going to waste.