+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Timelines - Pakistan

Ch_shabbir

Jan 23, 2019
Dears,

Visit visa applied online for wife and children from VFS lahore and still waiting for the decision.

Submission date = October 28, 2018.

Biometrics date = November 16, 2018.

Any idea how much time it will take more ?

shiningsun

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, I have applied for my parents in law trv on Jan 29. Dad is retired and mom is a house wife, I have included their property ownership papers , rental agreement for portion of their house which is their income and 4 months bank statements where as from my side I have sent everything I can including:
Notarized invitation letter
Notarized affidavit of support
3 month pay stub
Job letter
Last year t4
Last year noa
Bank statements 4 months
Birth certificate of wife
Our marriage certificate
Pr cards

Is there anything else I should add to the file or these documents are enough?

My mother in law was refused two years ago for insufficient proof of your/your host finances. At that time It was only 4 months we arrived on PR. I only added a job letter and bank statement at that time. Also I was on contract job, which was ended 2 months after applying and she got the rejection the very next day when I applied for EI. Was this refusal happened due to loss of job?

My father in law worked in Saudia for more than 30 years, now he is retired. He visited Canada in nov 1974-nov 1975 for an on job training m. He went back on time. He did not remember the exact dates and his that old passport is also lost. Would his this visit help him to get trv?

@Bryanna
Please guide if I have missed anything

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, I have applied for my parents in law trv on Jan 29. Dad is retired and mom is a house wife, I have included their property ownership papers , rental agreement for portion of their house which is their income and 4 months bank statements where as from my side I have sent everything I can including:
Notarized invitation letter
Notarized affidavit of support
3 month pay stub
Job letter
Last year t4
Last year noa
Bank statements 4 months
Birth certificate of wife
Our marriage certificate
Pr cards

Is there anything else I should add to the file or these documents are enough?
1. Have you already applied?

2. Do post their list of documents

3. Did you apply online?

My mother in law was refused two years ago for insufficient proof of your/your host finances. At that time It was only 4 months we arrived on PR. I only added a job letter and bank statement at that time. Also I was on contract job, which was ended 2 months after applying and she got the rejection the very next day when I applied for EI. Was this refusal happened due to loss of job?
Your support is secondary. It seems she did not submit adequate evidence of her financial situation (or financial dependence on your dad-in-law).

My father in law worked in Saudia for more than 30 years, now he is retired. He visited Canada in nov 1974-nov 1975 for an on job training m. He went back on time. He did not remember the exact dates and his that old passport is also lost. Would his this visit help him to get trv?
He must answer 'Yes' to the question in the Background Information section: Have you previously applied to enter Canada? And, include a 2-3 line explanation to say he does not remember the exact dates of his visit + purpose was for training + give the details of the passport he had at that time.

His visit was too long back to have any significant effect on his current visa application, but you never know. It might help

shiningsun

Feb 8, 2019
1. Have you already applied?

2. Do post their list of documents

3. Did you apply online?

Your support is secondary. It seems she did not submit adequate evidence of her financial situation (or financial dependence on your dad-in-law).

He must answer 'Yes' to the question in the Background Information section: Have you previously applied to enter Canada? And, include a 2-3 line explanation to say he does not remember the exact dates of his visit + purpose was for training + give the details of the passport he had at that time.

His visit was too long back to have any significant effect on his current visa application, but you never know. It might help
Yes I have already applied online on 29 Jan.

Documents on their behalf:

-4 months bank statements having about 28 lacs PKR for long time.
-Separate Affidavits by mom and dad stating they want to visit daughter’s family and intended dates for 3 weeks stay and stating that they own property in Pakistan and their rented house and their two married daughters live in Pakistan which are obligations due to which they will return back
-House ownership papers in which they live(she have percentage of share in the house with children because dad has transferred from his name to wife and children) house worth 600000cad
-Rental agreement for the same house they live in with rental income of 30000 pkr which is more than enough for their everyday expenses.
-Land ownership for mom worth 50000cad
-Land ownership for dad worth 500000 cad
-Their Nikah Nama with translation (they do it have a NADRA Marriage Certificate)
-Previous refusal letter

I have also stated that they are not dependent on anyone as the rent is enough for their daily expenses. However this trip is a gift to them and we will bear all the expenses including travel medical insurance and air tickets.
My wife stated that we want to give a token of thanks for all what they have done to support us through our life and also that they have their golden jubilee marriage anniversary this year so want to make this year memorable for them.

My mom is a has 4-5 times travelled to ireland and twice to England to visit sons, even when the visa was refused last time , she was about to travel to uk . And most of the time she travelled to saudia to spend time with dad. She have never overstayed anywhere.

Mom and dad have separate accounts but all accounts are joint accounts with my wife from the time when she was not married. They didn’t had a separate account so that if they are out of country their account can be operated if needed.
I don’t know how will this affect. But it was really difficult to open their new account and transfer all that big amount in the new account and destroy the account history.
They have few other properties as well but they were bought in my wife’s name as mom dad were out of country so I have not sent documents for those properties.

Dad is retired and they both have no other income than the house rent. All the amount in accounts is their savings.

Yes dad has answered yes in that section and included all details that which city province he lived in and for which company he worked and the employer he was working with in Pakistan who sent for this training and project details .
It is a long time ago so he has no passport details or number with him nor there is any evidence. just hope that ircc might be able to trace his details , but don’t know that they had a good system to save details 43 years back or not

I wanted them to apply a paper application but vfs told that they do not accept property ownership documents so I made them apply online with mom as main applicant because she has a strong travel history.

As additional applicant, there was no slot for dad’s travel history/previous passports so I made a letter of explanation where I explained his previous visit to Canada as well as attached his previous passports (10 year history - 2 passports of 5 year validity) with it

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes I have already applied online on 29 Jan.

Documents on their behalf:

-4 months bank statements having about 28 lacs PKR for long time.
-Separate Affidavits by mom and dad stating they want to visit daughter’s family and intended dates for 3 weeks stay and stating that they own property in Pakistan and their rented house and their two married daughters live in Pakistan which are obligations due to which they will return back
-House ownership papers in which they live(she have percentage of share in the house with children because dad has transferred from his name to wife and children) house worth 600000cad
-Rental agreement for the same house they live in with rental income of 30000 pkr which is more than enough for their everyday expenses.
-Land ownership for mom worth 50000cad
-Land ownership for dad worth 500000 cad
-Their Nikah Nama with translation (they do it have a NADRA Marriage Certificate)
-Previous refusal letter

I have also stated that they are not dependent on anyone as the rent is enough for their daily expenses. However this trip is a gift to them and we will bear all the expenses including travel medical insurance and air tickets.
My wife stated that we want to give a token of thanks for all what they have done to support us through our life and also that they have their golden jubilee marriage anniversary this year so want to make this year memorable for them.

My mom is a has 4-5 times travelled to ireland and twice to England to visit sons, even when the visa was refused last time , she was about to travel to uk . And most of the time she travelled to saudia to spend time with dad. She have never overstayed anywhere.

Mom and dad have separate accounts but all accounts are joint accounts with my wife from the time when she was not married. They didn’t had a separate account so that if they are out of country their account can be operated if needed.
I don’t know how will this affect. But it was really difficult to open their new account and transfer all that big amount in the new account and destroy the account history.
They have few other properties as well but they were bought in my wife’s name as mom dad were out of country so I have not sent documents for those properties.

Dad is retired and they both have no other income than the house rent. All the amount in accounts is their savings.

Yes dad has answered yes in that section and included all details that which city province he lived in and for which company he worked and the employer he was working with in Pakistan who sent for this training and project details .
It is a long time ago so he has no passport details or number with him nor there is any evidence. just hope that ircc might be able to trace his details , but don’t know that they had a good system to save details 43 years back or not

I wanted them to apply a paper application but vfs told that they do not accept property ownership documents so I made them apply online with mom as main applicant because she has a strong travel history.

As additional applicant, there was no slot for dad’s travel history/previous passports so I made a letter of explanation where I explained his previous visit to Canada as well as attached his previous passports (10 year history - 2 passports of 5 year validity) with it
Hope their applications included certified translations in English, if required.

Sounds good. Fingers crossed they are granted TRVs

shiningsun

Feb 8, 2019
Hope their applications included certified translations in English, if required.

Sounds good. Fingers crossed they are granted TRVs
Only nikah nama needed translation which was a notarized one. She also has husbands name in her passport as well as both parents name is there on wife birth certificate. Hope everything go well

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Only nikah nama needed translation which was a notarized one. She also has husbands name in her passport as well as both parents name is there on wife birth certificate. Hope everything go well
what about Tax and deceleration documents which will confirm property valuation and tax paid on income or properties...

shiningsun

Feb 8, 2019
what about Tax and deceleration documents which will confirm property valuation and tax paid on income or properties...
He was not in Pakistan since more than 30 years. Just came back an year ago so they don’t have any tax documents.

shiningsun

Feb 8, 2019
Hello there,
applied for my parents TRV on 26 Dec 2018 (Online)
Biometric done on 6 Jan 2019
till date no update.
Did you had any change in status of review of eligibility or anything else or got any biometric acknowledgement letter?
Mine status have not changed a bit

zehralalani

Feb 13, 2019
Did you had any change in status of review of eligibility or anything else or got any biometric acknowledgement letter?
Mine status have not changed a bit
No, nothing at all. Status still says that we will message whenever we start reviewing your eligibility. And background checks are in process. Nothing else

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, nothing at all. Status still says that we will message whenever we start reviewing your eligibility. And background checks are in process. Nothing else
Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing how long background checks can take. Until these checks are completed, a decision won't be given

Mahnoor

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing how long background checks can take. Until these checks are completed, a decision won't be given
hey @Bryanna
can I show my father in-laws property, business and bank statement as financial assets? for sowp including my own bank statement.