+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Timelines - Pakistan

sfz123

Dec 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for keeping track of when everyone applied and got their visit visa's - acceptance or rejection. Also would like to include passport processing times. Please do mention if you applied through the VAC or online. This is for Pakistani applicants only.

I've read a few stories on the forums, and now I'm concerned about just how long this process can take.

Based In: Lahore
Applied: Online
Application Date: 12th December, 2018
Biometrics: 12th December, 2018
Application Confirmation: 12th December, 2018
Current Status: Background Check In Progress
Passport Request Received: N/A
Passport Submitted: N/A
Passport Returned: N/A

I've made the format above so that everyone uses it. Really looking forward to everyone's responses - the official time on the processing time website says 36 days is how long they're taking for processing applications - but I've seen members get it in a week to some well over 2 months!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for keeping track of when everyone applied and got their visit visa's - acceptance or rejection. Also would like to include passport processing times. Please do mention if you applied through the VAC or online. This is for Pakistani applicants only.

I've read a few stories on the forums, and now I'm concerned about just how long this process can take.

Applied: Online
Application Date: 12th December, 2018
Biometrics: 12th December, 2018
Application Confirmation: 12th December, 2018
Current Status: Background Check In Progress
Passport Request Received: N/A
Passport Submitted: N/A
Passport Returned: N/A

I've made the format above so that everyone uses it. Really looking forward to everyone's responses - the official time on the processing time website says 36 days is how long they're taking for processing applications - but I've seen members get it in a week to some well over 2 months!
The estimated processing times published on the IRCC website do not apply if background checks are being done

Reactions: ayaanproducts

sfz123

Dec 31, 2018
The estimated processing times published on the IRCC website do not apply if background checks are being done
Ohh, I thought the background check was a part of the standard process, is it not?

Are background checks picked randomly?

Zarshah Khan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Based In: Islamabad
Applied: Paper Application (Manual)
Application Submission: 4th December, 2018
Biometrics: 4th December, 2018
Payment Confirmation: 4th December, 2018
Linked to online Account: 5th December, 2018
Eligibility Started: 12th December, 2018
Current Status:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: sfz123

ayaanproducts

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Business TRV repeatedly!
Application Submission: 20th December, 2018
Linked to online Account: 24th December, 2018

Current Status:
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Business TRV repeatedly!

Current Status:
Fingers crossed :)

sfz123

Dec 31, 2018
Business TRV repeatedly!

Current Status:
Hi,

When you say repeatedly, do you mean you’re applying again after a previous rejection, or do you mean you previously had a visa and are now applying for a new one as the previous one had expired?

ayaanproducts

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Hi,

When you say repeatedly, do you mean you’re applying again after a previous rejection, or do you mean you previously had a visa and are now applying for a new one as the previous one had expired?
Yes , I had applied business trv in May and got visa for 3 months after 61 days . Now I have applied again !

sfz123

Dec 31, 2018
Based In: Islamabad
Application Submission: 4th December, 2018
Biometrics: 4th December, 2018
Payment Confirmation: 4th December, 2018
Linked to online Account: 5th December, 2018
Eligibility Started: 12th December, 2018
Current Status:
Do keep us posted! Good luck!

Reactions: ayaanproducts

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Based In:islamabad Applied: Online Application Date: 13th December, 2018
Letter came for Biometrics payment on 23 dec 2018
85$ Payment sent same day no letter came for.biometrics
Current Status:
BackgroundCheck In Progress
Passport Request Received: NO

I think my application is not yet started in progress because biometrics not done yet.when i applied it said no need of biomatrics as my previous biometrics were valid till 27 Dec 2027.
I sent email yesterday to Abu Dhabi embassy that my bio letter not came but they have not answered yet and now its new year holidays and i am also now in USA FOR 15 days .
I wish bio letter come.on 2nd jan because i will be in New York

ayaanproducts

Star Member
May 22, 2018
61 days is really long! I really hope its faster than that now. I was hoping to travel in Feb.
My previous application was stuck in background checks so I sent the emails IRCC webform also my chamber of commerce sent the letter directly to embassy for fastest processes . So I got visa approval 2 day before my exhibition. I attend the exhibition on time and come back within 4 days .

ayaanproducts

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Current Status:

I think my application is not yet started in progress because biometrics not done yet.when i applied it said no need of biomatrics as my previous biometrics were valid till 27 Dec 2027.
I sent email yesterday to Abu Dhabi embassy that my bio letter not came but they have not answered yet and now its new year holidays and i am also now in USA FOR 15 days .
I think you don’t need biometric again .

sfz123

Dec 31, 2018
Current Status:

You dont need biometrics again. You probably have the information about your biometrics on your online account as well. If you’ve previously applied, then biometrics are valid for 10 years from what I’ve understood.