+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa rejected

Jan 2, 2024
I am wanting to get my Thai wife on 6 month Canada visit visa this summer/fall while we wait for spousal permeant residence application.
As her husband i did the application and bought a flight and insurance for her and a flight for me to join her to go back to Thailand in December.
She overstayed a Korean visa in 2018 and so they state they don't believe she will go back to Thailand but we have a flight together and i have been going every year for 25 years for business and she also helps me with the business. Unfortunately they don't believe. What can be done? Thanks

shireeh.jan

Apr 22, 2024
As a working Canadian citizen, I extended an invitation to my sister to attend my E-MBA graduation. Despite providing all necessary documents, including her bank statements and proof of her business in Pakistan, her visa application was rejected. Notably, during her visit, her husband will remain in Pakistan due to business commitments which further supports her intent to return.

Following the initial refusal, we made a second application, this time supplementing it with a support letter from my local Member of Parliament and an Undertaking from me to ensure my sister's return to Pakistan. Despite these additional efforts, her application was rejected once again.

This repeated refusal leads me to believe that there is a bias against Pakistani visa applicants within the IRCC.

With a rejection rate as high as 90%, this trend appears unjustified and raises concerns about the fairness of the visa application process.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
As a working Canadian citizen, I extended an invitation to my sister to attend my E-MBA graduation. Despite providing all necessary documents, including her bank statements and proof of her business in Pakistan, her visa application was rejected. Notably, during her visit, her husband will remain in Pakistan due to business commitments which further supports her intent to return.

Following the initial refusal, we made a second application, this time supplementing it with a support letter from my local Member of Parliament and an Undertaking from me to ensure my sister's return to Pakistan. Despite these additional efforts, her application was rejected once again.

This repeated refusal leads me to believe that there is a bias against Pakistani visa applicants within the IRCC.

With a rejection rate as high as 90%, this trend appears unjustified and raises concerns about the fairness of the visa application process.
Well, life is not fair. It is Canada's right to accept or refuse the privilege of living, working or visiting. Don't play the race card, that's lame

Reactions: Copingwithlife

shireeh.jan

Apr 22, 2024
I am not playing the race card.
Well, life is not fair. It is Canada's right to accept or refuse the privilege of living, working or visiting. Don't play the race card, that's lame
Not playing the race card but it is a fact. Here is the stats from the Govt Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-feb-15-17-2022/student-approval-rates.html showing Pakistan in 2021 had 27% acceptance rate, compared to Australia or UK has 95% acceptance rate. Stats don;t lie

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

shireeh.jan

Apr 22, 2024
What do you think is the reason for this?
The reason is two folds:

1) A concerning issue arises from Western support of corrupt regimes in several Asian nations, including Pakistan, which fosters an environment conducive to an increase in refugee claims.

2) Many refugee claims from Pakistan actually originate from Afghan nationals. Due to the absence of diplomatic recognition of the Afghan government, these Afghan refugees apply for asylum through Pakistan. Consequently, Pakistan finds itself burdened with providing identification documents, leading to a distortion in refugee claim statistics attributed to Pakistan.

The cost of high refugee claims leads to a situation where genuine applicants get rejected.

After residing in Canada for 26 years and diligently contributing my hard-earned income to the Canadian system, I can't help but feel like a second-class citizen when my family is unable to visit me simply during my MBA convocation because they were born in Pakistan.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am not playing the race card.

Not playing the race card but it is a fact. Here is the stats from the Govt Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-feb-15-17-2022/student-approval-rates.html showing Pakistan in 2021 had 27% acceptance rate, compared to Australia or UK has 95% acceptance rate. Stats don;t lie
https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2023.aspx

Numbers don’t lie

I’d lay some of the blame on your fellow countrymen.
And mentioning you contributing your hard earned income to a country , is just as lame .

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
https://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2023.aspx

Numbers don’t lie

I’d lay some of the blame on your fellow countrymen.
And mentioning you contributing your hard earned income to a country , is just as lame .
Adding below.... when flight attendants vanish in Canada, adds to Country risk Classification among many others....

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/after-10-pakistan-flight-attendants-vanish-in-canada-an-air-hostess-now-lands-in-toronto-without-passport/articleshow/108577185.cms?from=mdr

Jthompson

Apr 17, 2024
The reason is two folds:

1) A concerning issue arises from Western support of corrupt regimes in several Asian nations, including Pakistan, which fosters an environment conducive to an increase in refugee claims.

2) Many refugee claims from Pakistan actually originate from Afghan nationals. Due to the absence of diplomatic recognition of the Afghan government, these Afghan refugees apply for asylum through Pakistan. Consequently, Pakistan finds itself burdened with providing identification documents, leading to a distortion in refugee claim statistics attributed to Pakistan.

The cost of high refugee claims leads to a situation where genuine applicants get rejected.

After residing in Canada for 26 years and diligently contributing my hard-earned income to the Canadian system, I can't help but feel like a second-class citizen when my family is unable to visit me simply during my MBA convocation because they were born in Pakistan.
I am so sorry this happened and that your request for a visitor visa for your sister was denied. Wanting to have a loved one visit you to support you in your achievement is such a reasonable request. I am also sorry for the 'lame' replies you received through this forum. I only recently joined this forum and have found some great advice and tips; however, the responses you just received are unnecessary and unhelpful.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The reason is two folds:

Pakistanis abuse their visa status and staying illegally more than other countries. Blame your countrymen