+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa rejected twice

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
My first attempt, the reason is to visit bf, a Canadian citizen for the first time. We met online and we tried to apply for my visit visa. He made an invitation letter and affidavit of support, but it was refused. We accepted it as we haven't meet yet.

2nd attempt, we met in Philippines, then after 2 months from the time we met, we re-applied for the Visit visa again. We thought that we would get it this time because we have all the documents ready but unfortunately got refused again. It really broke our hearts. And my bf now is thinking to separate because for him relationship is useless if you can't even visit each other or be together and I agreed with him.

I just want to know what are the weak points in my application. We invested too much for this, especially for each other and just because of the refusal of the visit to Canada it will ruin our relationship.

Here are the documents I submitted
- I have a business, I earn monthly income there. I rent 2 units. I get 9,500Php/240CAD monthly. I submitted the "Deed of sale, Transfer of Rights, Electricity bill under my name, and rent receipts that I give to my tenants, and I also made an Affidavit of Undertaking stating that i own the property and I rent 2 units"

- My bf gave me the "Affidavit of Invitation". Sworn statement that he will be responsible for my accommodation, food, flight, and other expenses during my short stay there. He had it notarized. And in the letter he stated there that he sent me money via western union for me to book flight. He attached there the western union transfer screenshots. He earns approximately 1,100CAD/week. He attached there also his payslip for 2 weeks, and his online bank balance like 8,000CAD.

- for my proof of financial support, i submitted my payslip for whole month, like I get 30,000PHP/760CAD monthly. Rent Receipt, credit card with 40,000phhp/1,014CAD credit limit, western union slip (money that my bf sent me), My 4 months bank statement with approximately 500,000php/12,680CAD

- proof of relationship, our pictures together, booked flights, and hotels, and chat logs

- travel history (japan 2x - business trip, vietnam, thailand, macau, HK, Malaysia, Singapore)

- purpose of travel is to meet my bf's family for the first time, as he already met mine and celebrate thanks giving this Oct. 2019 and also visit some tourist spots in Canada like Niagara falls, etc.. My length of stay is from Oct. 11 - Oct. 22, 2019

- I also made a letter to consular that I am a genuine visitor, that i have a child who will be waiting for me, who is studying that needs his mother support and guidance at school. I attached there my sons birth certificate and enrollment certificate. I also said in the letter that i will be temporarily leaving my son to my mothers care while on vacation. My mom has an astha so i cannot leave my son to her care for a long period of time. I attached there my mom medical certificate and one of her astha maintenance prescription. Also I included the letter from my manager that I am expected to be back after 2 weeks vacation as there is no one will take my place at work.

Now we are thinking to get married in Philippines but he is in doubt if we could still be together, after 2 refusals, if he could still sponsor me to Canada.

I dont know what else to do. Please give me some advice. Thank you.
You guys didn't go about it well. The VO expects that you that's coming should at least be able to pay your travel ticket, your boyfriend covering all expenses is a red flag. If you had said you would be paying your flight tickets maybe by now it would have been a different story. But all said nd done in your next application, dont make the same mistake. You could start saving up from now such that the money in your account would be enough for your child at home since he's not travelling with you and also be able to transport you to and fro Canada, with your properties in your name, you have basically settled the personal assets and financial status aspect.

2. You would need to write a genuine and convincing cover letter abt yourself thereby attaching proof and stating your purpose or intent to Canada. When this is justified then your purpose of visit is satisfactory unless stated otherwise by the VO.

3. Another is about your boyfriend, the VO fears that if you get into, both of you would get married but you shouldn't be too bothered abt this. Once reason 2 is well enough cleared. Or better still get married outside Canada and when he gets back he applies for spousal sponsorship for you.

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
You guys didn't go about it well. The VO expects that you that's coming should at least be able to pay your travel ticket, your boyfriend covering all expenses is a red flag. If you had said you would be paying your flight tickets maybe by now it would have been a different story. But all said nd done in your next application, dont make the same mistake. You could start saving up from now such that the money in your account would be enough for your child at home since he's not travelling with you and also be able to transport you to and fro Canada, with your properties in your name, you have basically settled the personal assets and financial status aspect.

2. You would need to write a genuine and convincing cover letter abt yourself thereby attaching proof and stating your purpose or intent to Canada. When this is justified then your purpose of visit is satisfactory unless stated otherwise by the VO.

3. Another is about your boyfriend, the VO fears that if you get into, both of you would get married but you shouldn't be too bothered abt this. Once reason 2 is well enough cleared. Or better still get married outside Canada and when he gets back he applies for spousal sponsorship for you.

Thank you very much for such a good points. I hope we did seek advice first before we go for the second attempt. But actually, we thought of getting married there once we get the visit visa but we have no intention to overstay. I will definitely go back home after my vacation, and will go through the right process. Getting married in Philippines will be a lot of paper works to do, and he needs to stay here for like a month and he'll be having a hard time taking leaves from work, so we thought of getting married there on a tourist visa once everything is well would be a good idea.

Last edited:

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Thank you very much for such a good points. I hope we did seek advice first before we go for the second attempt. But actually, we thought of getting married there once we get the visit visa but we have no intention to overstay. I will definitely go back home after my vacation, and will go through the right process. Getting married in Philippines will be a lot of paper works to do, and he needs to stay here for like a month and he'll be having a hard time taking leaves from work, so we thought of getting married there on a tourist visa once everything is well would be a good idea.
Okay. But don't mention that you want to get married in your letter if not that will be another rejection.

And also dont forget to mention and address previous refusals .

Did you apply online or paper in previous attempts?

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
Okay. But don't mention that you want to get married in your letter if not that will be another rejection.

And also dont forget to mention and address previous refusals .

Did you apply online or paper in previous attempts?
We applied online. But we have no plans on applying another visit visa again. We are rooting to get married here in the Philippines now. We just want to make sure that if we go for spousal sponsorship even we already have 2 refusals from the visit visa they wont take it as a red flag. We are hoping it won't affect our application for spousal sponsorship. We just want to make sure that we can be together after this long process. It will be a lot of work for us, but if in the end we will be together. It will be worth it.
May i know what might be the reasons that they would say NO for spousal sponsorship?

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
We applied online. But we have no plans on applying another visit visa again. We are rooting to get married here in the Philippines now. We just want to make sure that if we go for spousal sponsorship even we already have 2 refusals from the visit visa they wont take it as a red flag. We are hoping it won't affect our application for spousal sponsorship. We just want to make sure that we can be together after this long process. It will be a lot of work for us.
May i know what might be the reasons that they may say NO for spousal sponsorship?
better option for the both of you. and previous refusal doesnt affect it, unless if they ask you in the application form if you have been refused before and you say NO, then it would affect it. unless that, you are good to go. i wish you best of luck in your next application

Best wishes.

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
better option for the both of you. and previous refusal doesnt affect it, unless if they ask you in the application form if you have been refused before and you say NO, then it would affect it. unless that, you are good to go. i wish you best of luck in your next application

Best wishes.
Thank you very much Cjay23. You're giving us hope.
One last question, when we go for spousal sponsorship is it better to go for an immigration consultant or it will be a waste of money?

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Thank you very much Cjay23. You're giving us hope.
One last question, when we go for spousal sponsorship is it better to go for an immigration consultant or it will be a waste of money?
I can't really say though. Maybe ask the senior members on the forum, they would probably help.