+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa rejected twice

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
My first attempt, the reason is to visit bf, a Canadian citizen for the first time. We met online and we tried to apply for my visit visa. He made an invitation letter and affidavit of support, but it was refused. We accepted it as we haven't meet yet.

2nd attempt, we met in Philippines, then after 2 months from the time we met, we re-applied for the Visit visa again. We thought that we would get it this time because we have all the documents ready but unfortunately got refused again. It really broke our hearts. And my bf now is thinking to separate because for him relationship is useless if you can't even visit each other or be together and I agreed with him.

I just want to know what are the weak points in my application. We invested too much for this, especially for each other and just because of the refusal of the visit to Canada it will ruin our relationship.

Here are the documents I submitted
- I have a business, I earn monthly income there. I rent 2 units. I get 9,500Php/240CAD monthly. I submitted the "Deed of sale, Transfer of Rights, Electricity bill under my name, and rent receipts that I give to my tenants, and I also made an Affidavit of Undertaking stating that i own the property and I rent 2 units"

- My bf gave me the "Affidavit of Invitation". Sworn statement that he will be responsible for my accommodation, food, flight, and other expenses during my short stay there. He had it notarized. And in the letter he stated there that he sent me money via western union for me to book flight. He attached there the western union transfer screenshots. He earns approximately 1,100CAD/week. He attached there also his payslip for 2 weeks, and his online bank balance like 8,000CAD.

- for my proof of financial support, i submitted my payslip for whole month, like I get 30,000PHP/760CAD monthly. Rent Receipt, credit card with 40,000phhp/1,014CAD credit limit, western union slip (money that my bf sent me), My 4 months bank statement with approximately 500,000php/12,680CAD

- proof of relationship, our pictures together, booked flights, and hotels, and chat logs

- travel history (japan 2x - business trip, vietnam, thailand, macau, HK, Malaysia, Singapore)

- purpose of travel is to meet my bf's family for the first time, as he already met mine and celebrate thanks giving this Oct. 2019 and also visit some tourist spots in Canada like Niagara falls, etc.. My length of stay is from Oct. 11 - Oct. 22, 2019

- I also made a letter to consular that I am a genuine visitor, that i have a child who will be waiting for me, who is studying that needs his mother support and guidance at school. I attached there my sons birth certificate and enrollment certificate. I also said in the letter that i will be temporarily leaving my son to my mothers care while on vacation. My mom has an astha so i cannot leave my son to her care for a long period of time. I attached there my mom medical certificate and one of her astha maintenance prescription. Also I included the letter from my manager that I am expected to be back after 2 weeks vacation as there is no one will take my place at work.

Now we are thinking to get married in Philippines but he is in doubt if we could still be together, after 2 refusals, if he could still sponsor me to Canada.

I dont know what else to do. Please give me some advice. Thank you.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
My first attempt, the reason is to visit bf, a Canadian citizen for the first time. We met online and we tried to apply for my visit visa. He made an invitation letter and affidavit of support, but it was refused. We accepted it as we haven't meet yet.

2nd attempt, we met in Philippines, then after 2 months from the time we met, we re-applied for the Visit visa again. We thought that we would get it this time because we have all the documents ready but unfortunately got refused again. It really broke our hearts. And my bf now is thinking to separate because for him relationship is useless if you can't even visit each other or be together and I agreed with him.

I just want to know what are the weak points in my application. We invested too much for this, especially for each other and just because of the refusal of the visit to Canada it will ruin our relationship.

Here are the documents I submitted
- I have a business, I earn monthly income there. I rent 2 units. I get 9,500Php/240CAD monthly. I submitted the "Deed of sale, Transfer of Rights, Electricity bill under my name, and rent receipts that I give to my tenants, and I also made an Affidavit of Undertaking stating that i own the property and I rent 2 units"

- My bf gave me the "Affidavit of Invitation". Sworn statement that he will be responsible for my accommodation, food, flight, and other expenses during my short stay there. He had it notarized. And in the letter he stated there that he sent me money via western union for me to book flight. He attached there the western union transfer screenshots. He earns approximately 1,100CAD/week. He attached there also his payslip for 2 weeks, and his online bank balance like 8,000CAD.

- for my proof of financial support, i submitted my payslip for whole month, like I get 30,000PHP/760CAD monthly. Rent Receipt, credit card with 40,000phhp/1,014CAD credit limit, western union slip (money that my bf sent me), My 4 months bank statement with approximately 500,000php/12,680CAD

- proof of relationship, our pictures together, booked flights, and hotels, and chat logs

- travel history (japan 2x - business trip, vietnam, thailand, macau, HK, Malaysia, Singapore)

- purpose of travel is to meet my bf's family for the first time, as he already met mine and celebrate thanks giving this Oct. 2019 and also visit some tourist spots in Canada like Niagara falls, etc.. My length of stay is from Oct. 11 - Oct. 22, 2019

- I also made a letter to consular that I am a genuine visitor, that i have a child who will be waiting for me, who is studying that needs his mother support and guidance at school. I attached there my sons birth certificate and enrollment certificate. I also said in the letter that i will be temporarily leaving my son to my mothers care while on vacation. My mom has an astha so i cannot leave my son to her care for a long period of time. I attached there my mom medical certificate and one of her astha maintenance prescription. Also I included the letter from my manager that I am expected to be back after 2 weeks vacation as there is no one will take my place at work.

Now we are thinking to get married in Philippines but he is in doubt if we could still be together, after 2 refusals, if he could still sponsor me to Canada.

I dont know what else to do. Please give me some advice. Thank you.
What were the grounds for your refusal? The intervals when you 1st applied and then the 2nd time for the TRV (when did you apply)?

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
What were the grounds for your refusal? The intervals when you 1st applied and then the 2nd time for the TRV (when did you apply)?
It was very general.

1st attempt -jan 2019
- they are not satisfied that i have sufficient funds
- not satisfied that i will leave Canada based on travel history
- not satisfied that i will leave canada based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence
- not satisfied that i will leave canada based on personal assets and financial status

2nd attempt -Aug 2019
- not satisfied that i will leave canada based on travel history, based on family ties in canada and country of residence, based on the purpose of visit, and based assets and financial status.

Those are the refusal email letter that i received.

Now we are thinking of getting married in the Philippines, what is the chance of us being together in Canada? Is there any chance for him to sponsor me as spouse when we get married here in Philippines after 2 refusals of TRV?

Last edited:

nadeem101

Jul 5, 2018
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
It was very general.

1st attempt -jan 2019
- they are not satisfied that i have sufficient funds
- not satisfied that i will leave Canada based on travel history
- not satisfied that i will leave canada based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence
- not satisfied that i will leave canada based on personal assets and financial status

2nd attempt -Aug 2019
- not satisfied that i will leave canada based on travel history, based on family ties in canada and country of residence, based on the purpose of visit, and based assets and financial status.

Those are the refusal email letter that i received.

Now we are thinking of getting married in the Philippines, what is the chance of us being together in Canada? Is there any chance for him to sponsor me as spouse when we get married here in Philippines after 2 refusals of TRV?[/QUOTE

hi, better get married and apply for spouse sponsorship/immigration, It will be sorted within 1 year. Visit visas are very difficult to get from Canada Embassies.

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Even we get married in Philippines, is there any chance that we could get refused again?

Last edited:

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
After marriage you will apply fir spousal immigration not hhe visitor visa
But it would take another year of waiting for the spousal immigration, right? is there a way to expedite it?
If we get married can we re-apply for a visit visa again while the spousal immigration is on process? Would it affect our application for spousal immigration? Is being married has a higher chance of getting an approved of visit visa even we got 2 refusal already?

nadeem101

Jul 5, 2018
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
But it would take another year of waiting for the spousal immigration, right? is there a way to expedite it?
If we get married can we re-apply for a visit visa again while the spousal immigration is on process? Would it affect our application for spousal immigration? Is being married has a higher chance of getting an approved of visit visa even we got 2 refusal already?
Visit visa is difficult to get for third world country people

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Reapplying almost immediately after consecutive refusal may raise questions to your intent to Canada. Best advice is to give it space, maybe reapply at the end of the year maybe the tides of xmas and Thanksgiving may be in your favour or probably next year. If you eventually get married then better still apply for spousal sponsorship, all the same

Best wishes

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
Reapplying almost immediately after consecutive refusal may raise questions to your intent to Canada. Best advice is to give it space, maybe reapply at the end of the year maybe the tides of xmas and Thanksgiving may be in your favour or probably next year. If you eventually get married then better still apply for spousal sponsorship, all the same

Best wishes

Thank you ver much for your wonderful advice. We are just worried that after we get married in Philippines then later on they will say NO again for spousal sponsorship, this will definitely makes everything worse . He wanna make sure even we wait for sometime as long as there would be an assurance that we could be together later on then getting married here in Philippines would be worth it or else we would rather go on separate ways if it is impossible for us to be together.

Last edited:

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
I'm just wondering what are the chances that they would say no for spousal sponsorship? Any inputs would be a great help. Thank you everyone.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
I'm just wondering what are the chances that they would say no for spousal sponsorship? Any inputs would be a great help. Thank you everyone.
They only say no when they find out you falsified or try to move illegally aside that, if everything goes according to the way it is supposed to then why not.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Thank you ver much for your wonderful advice. We are just worried that after we get married in Philippines then later on they will say NO again for spousal sponsorship, this will definitely makes everything worse . He wanna make sure even we wait for sometime as long as there would be an assurance that we could be together later on then getting married here in Philippines would be worth it or else we would rather go on separate ways if it is impossible for us to be together.
Canada immigration prefers you to go through the right way. Trying other means to get into Canada with a different notion. When they suspect that you ain't being truthful. I'm sorry it will be a NO and might come with consequence

lmbulado

Aug 17, 2019
Canada immigration prefers you to go through the right way. Trying other means to get into Canada with a different notion. When they suspect that you ain't being truthful. I'm sorry it will be a NO and might come with consequence
Yes thank you. We want to do it the right way. We are very genuine on my 1st and 2nd application. The first just visit to meet him the first time, the 2nd one was just visit to meet his parents, and then to see his life there, then if everything goes well, we could decide to get married and go to through the right process. He even thought of moving here just for us to be together, but i highly doubt it. It will be a big adjustments for him.

Thank you for your insight.