+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa refused

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

My Mom plan to visit my family next February so I applied for a visitor visa for her online 2 weeks ago. However, her application was refused today. The reasons mentioned in CIC's letter are: 1. Travel history 2. Purpose of visit

My Mom is Chinese and has not travelled abroad till now. Thus, she has not had any travel history.
And in my invitation letter, I wrote: "The purpose of the visit is a short-term family reunion as well as possible tourism within Canada. During her visiting, she will live with us at our address shown below. Although my mother has already prepared funds for her expenses in Canada by herself, we are willing to pay any extra expenses for her including the round trip air fare to Canada, food, housing, travelling within Canada, possible medical costs, etc. in Canada."

Do you think there is something wrong with my invitation letter? And how can I solve her blank travel history issue? By the way, can I apply visitor visa again for my Mom to CIC within 1-2 months?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What evidence did she provide to show she has strong ties to her home country and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term?

If you want to apply again, I would recommend applying for a three week trip rather than 1-2 months.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors, My mother's GCMS notes arrived today. And the refused reason is like "Limited/no prev travel, weak econ ties. I'm not satisfied applicant is BF visiotr and wld depart Cda at end of period of authorizes stay. Refused".

Could you please guide me how I can modify her application files and reapply the visitor visa? By the way, my wife will give birth to a baby next March. Can I mention my mother plan to come to Canada and take care of our newborn baby for several months? Thanks a lot!

M

mikeymyke

You should not mention that you plan to have her come take care of the baby, as CIC will consider that as her potentially working illegally and taking a potential Canadian's job.

She has no travel history, so there's not much you can do there.

Weak economic ties: How much money does she show in the bank? What proof did you show of her assets, property, business, etc?

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
You should not mention that you plan to have her come take care of the baby, as CIC will consider that as her potentially working illegally and taking a potential Canadian's job.

She has no travel history, so there's not much you can do there.

Weak economic ties: How much money does she show in the bank? What proof did you show of her assets, property, business, etc?
Thank you for your reply!

Actually, it is our first baby. Thus, could I mention that we want to invite my mother to Canada and share the happiness with her to see our baby's birth.
My mother showed CAD$20000 for her living in Canada and the proof of her house, pension and health insurance in China.