+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa refused, should I reapply? October 2023

ehsankayani

Nov 6, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
In my cover letter I was being honest and posted what the canada.ca website listed under digital nomad scheme:

1. Promoting Canada as a destination for digital nomads
    • A digital nomad is a person who can perform their job remotely from anywhere in the world.
    • Under current Canadian immigration rules, a digital nomad only needs visitor status to relocate to Canada for up to six months at a time while they perform their job remotely for a foreign employer.
    • In the months ahead, IRCC will collaborate with public and private partners alike to determine whether additional policies to attract digital nomads to Canada would be desirable.
    • We expect that some digital nomads who initially enter Canada to work remotely will decide to seek opportunities with Canadian employers. When they receive a job offer from a Canadian company, they would be able to bring their skills to a Canadian employer by applying for a temporary work permit or even permanent residence.
So, based on the above I wrote in the cover letter that I am a digital nomad since 2011 and attached proof of Tax returns and bank statements showing a lot of foreign remittance etc. Also stating that as you posted on your website, I might look for opportunities during my stay.

I was just being honest so should I reapply and not put that in my cover letter as I can see honesty here is not appreciated or it won't make a difference? Because in the same rejection letter it was stated below that you can reapply with different documentation etc. and there will be no connection to previous application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In my cover letter I was being honest and posted what the canada.ca website listed under digital nomad scheme:

• A digital nomad is a person who can perform their job remotely from anywhere in the world.
    • Under current Canadian immigration rules, a digital nomad only needs visitor status to relocate to Canada for up to six months at a time while they perform their job remotely for a foreign employer.
    • In the months ahead, IRCC will collaborate with public and private partners alike to determine whether additional policies to attract digital nomads to Canada would be desirable.
    • We expect that some digital nomads who initially enter Canada to work remotely will decide to seek opportunities with Canadian employers. When they receive a job offer from a Canadian company, they would be able to bring their skills to a Canadian employer by applying for a temporary work permit or even permanent residence.
So, based on the above I wrote in the cover letter that I am a digital nomad since 2011 and attached proof of Tax returns and bank statements showing a lot of foreign remittance etc. Also stating that as you posted on your website, I might look for opportunities during my stay.

I was just being honest so should I reapply and not put that in my cover letter as I can see honesty here is not appreciated or it won't make a difference? Because in the same rejection letter it was stated below that you can reapply with different documentation etc. and there will be no connection to previous application.
Hard to comment. What were the refusal reasons stated? This is unfortunately a relatively new program so not a lot of experiences to go by. But we need the refusal reasons.

ehsankayani

Nov 6, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
Hard to comment. What were the refusal reasons stated? This is unfortunately a relatively new program so not a lot of experiences to go by. But we need the refusal reasons.
Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada. I have reviewed your temporary resident visa (visitor visa) application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a visitor visa (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/ services/visit-canada/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ index.html). I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application

user.imm

Nov 9, 2023
did you set a proof of accomodation in your visa application?
did you set how much days you will stay in your visa application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada. I have reviewed your temporary resident visa (visitor visa) application and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a visitor visa (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/ services/visit-canada/eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ index.html). I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application
Sorry. I missed this response earlier. I would order yoru GCMS notes to see the details behind the refusals so that you can hopefully sort out what you need to change when you reapply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

The fact that you are from Pakistan is likely one of the reasons. Given the current economic issues there are likely to be concerns that you will not return to Pakistan. Do you have a home base in Pakistan where you own property for example or have other ties? What other countries have you been working from temporarily especially recently and how much time have you spent in Pakistan? Where is your employer located or are you self-employed?

ehsankayani

Nov 6, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
The fact that you are from Pakistan is likely one of the reasons. Given the current economic issues there are likely to be concerns that you will not return to Pakistan. Do you have a home base in Pakistan where you own property for example or have other ties? What other countries have you been working from temporarily especially recently and how much time have you spent in Pakistan? Where is your employer located or are you self-employed?
I do own property in Pakistan and did show it in the visa application with proof (3) also married since 2010 and have 2 daughters, and I have been self-employed and working remotely for clients from USA, UK mostly since 2012 and did show tons of remittances on my bank statement and a tax return which was showing almost 45 K USD as foreign remittances received in 2022.
I also have a very strong profile on freelancer.com showing more than 500+ jobs done which is another proof of my claim as a digital nomad.

I think the reason might only be that I stated in the cover letter " As stated on your website I might look for opportunities in tech sector etc".

ehsankayani

Nov 6, 2023
Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
NOC Code......
Sorry. I missed this response earlier. I would order yoru GCMS notes to see the details behind the refusals so that you can hopefully sort out what you need to change when you reapply.
Thank you will look into it, but only someone with Canadian citizen / PR can apply for this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you will look into it, but only someone with Canadian citizen / PR can apply for this.
It's easy to order without being a Canadian citizen / PR. There are a number of sites that offer this service.

Reactions: ehsankayani

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

There are many countries with digital nomad visas besides Canada . Many closer to Pakistan. And they are established programs

https://nomadcapitalist.com/global-citizen/freedom/best-countries-for-digital-nomads/?gclid=CjwKCAiAxreqBhAxEiwAfGfndMwLdn5VHeqahde5aVhFyvEPeP4mdScxlmUnkOx-ga0BJChI3lXe4RoCpjUQAvD_BwE

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do own property in Pakistan and did show it in the visa application with proof (3) also married since 2010 and have 2 daughters, and I have been self-employed and working remotely for clients from USA, UK mostly since 2012 and did show tons of remittances on my bank statement and a tax return which was showing almost 45 K USD as foreign remittances received in 2022.
I also have a very strong profile on freelancer.com showing more than 500+ jobs done which is another proof of my claim as a digital nomad.

I think the reason might only be that I stated in the cover letter " As stated on your website I might look for opportunities in tech sector etc".
Doesn’t sound like you were a digital nomad. You have been living and working in you home country although you have clients in other countries.

shahid_hydpk

Nov 12, 2023
For visitor vis , regarding travel history in form 5257b, the question is "Since the age of 18 or during the past 5 years, which is more recent, have you traveled to any country ..... in this case, if I traveled 10 years 1 month earlier in Schengen area. should i click it as yes or no? (currently residence in Dubai )