+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa From USA

rajanshah176

Nov 30, 2017
Hello All, I'm Canada PR holder currently living and working in USA.
My wife and I are planning to move to Canada permanently from USA, for this reason I want to apply for a visit visa for my wife so that she can travel along with me (I will apply for her dependent Canada PR after I get a job in Canada)

What reason should I give for travel for my wife?
Also my wife's visit visa was rejected once before when she applied from India so will this impact her application?

Thanks
Rajan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All, I'm Canada PR holder currently living and working in USA.
My wife and I are planning to move to Canada permanently from USA, for this reason I want to apply for a visit visa for my wife so that she can travel along with me (I will apply for her dependent Canada PR after I get a job in Canada)

What reason should I give for travel for my wife?
Also my wife's visit visa was rejected once before when she applied from India so will this impact her application?

Thanks
Rajan
Your wife needs to make sure she declares the previous TRV refusal (and any other refusals) in the new TRV application.

The reason she mentions in the application is to visit Canada. She isn't allowed to move to Canada permanently on a TRV and you want to avoid making it look like that's what she's trying to do. She should say it's to visit.

Yes, a previous refusal can lower the chances of approval. To be approved, she will ideally want to show she has ties outside of Canada. This will be tricky to do in your case since you aren't living in India and presumably have been living in the US for a while. Does she have any property in India in her name?

She should show evidence of previous travel to countries requiring visas, including your time in the US. This should work in her favour.

Reactions: rajanshah176

rajanshah176

Nov 30, 2017
Your wife needs to make sure she declares the previous TRV refusal (and any other refusals) in the new TRV application.

The reason she mentions in the application is to visit Canada. She isn't allowed to move to Canada permanently on a TRV and you want to avoid making it look like that's what she's trying to do. She should say it's to visit.

Yes, a previous refusal can lower the chances of approval. To be approved, she will ideally want to show she has ties outside of Canada. This will be tricky to do in your case since you aren't living in India and presumably have been living in the US for a while. Does she have any property in India in her name?

She should show evidence of previous travel to countries requiring visas, including your time in the US. This should work in her favour.
Thank you for quick reply.
No, she doesn't have property in India.
Travel history:
-She has traveled to Singapore once
-She is in USA with me since 2020 Feb
-She has visa of France in her passport but did not travel there

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for quick reply.
No, she doesn't have property in India.
Travel history:
-She has traveled to Singapore once
-She is in USA with me since 2020 Feb
-She has visa of France in her passport but did not travel there
There's not much you can do but apply and hope for the best. Good luck.

I don't know how long you've been outside of Canada. When you submit the application to sponsor her for PR, make sure you meet the residency obligation from the date of your landing.

rajanshah176

Nov 30, 2017
There's not much you can do but apply and hope for the best. Good luck.

I don't know how long you've been outside of Canada. When you submit the application to sponsor her for PR, make sure you meet the residency obligation from the date of your landing.
I understand. One last question.
As i'm going to give the reason as visit and currently the US-Canada border is only open for citizens/PR should I wait until the borders open up fully then apply for her visit visa or can I go ahead and apply right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand. One last question.
As i'm going to give the reason as visit and currently the US-Canada border is only open for citizens/PR should I wait until the borders open up fully then apply for her visit visa or can I go ahead and apply right now.
I would apply now. Processing is taking a long time these days. Don't wait.

Reactions: rajanshah176

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like OP needs to be in Canada by November or else he doesn’t meet his RO. You and your spouse must have a plan B in case she gets denied a TRV.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't understand what is OP what is RO? Can you please explain?
OP = original poster (person who first started the thread)

RO = residency obligation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't understand what is OP what is RO? Can you please explain?
You must be in Canada to meet your 730 days out of 5 years since you landed to be compliant with your PR requirements but more importantly to be able to sponsor your spouse. Would really suggest giving yourself some time as a buffer in case you need to travel for family or work reasons. We see many people arrive in Canada right after exactly 3 years and then have a family emergency or need to travel for work and they then risk their status in Canada every time they leave.