+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa from outside canada

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
Hi to all. I applied for my dependent 14 yrs old son visitor visa from outside canada in September 2023. His application is still in progress and no decision has been made. It is now more than 4 and half months. I raised webform when normal processing time elapsed but reply from ircc that ur application is in que 2 months before but no update after that. Why it is taking long time to decide the application? What are the chances of approval?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi to all. I applied for my dependent 14 yrs old son visitor visa from outside canada in September 2023. His application is still in progress and no decision has been made. It is now more than 4 and half months. I raised webform when normal processing time elapsed but reply from ircc that ur application is in que 2 months before but no update after that. Why it is taking long time to decide the application? What are the chances of approval?
Don’t have you PR application under process? Where does son live?

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
Thanks for ur reply. I have the pnp approval from NL but not yet applied for PR im federal because in immigration deptt in NL is of the view to wait for son visitor visa decision. My son is in Saudi Arabia with his father. I submitted his application on September 16 and raised webform on December 13. The reply of webform was received on January 03 2024 that application is in que. I m realy worried and want to apply for PR on urgent basis. Please suggest. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for ur reply. I have the pnp approval from NL but not yet applied for PR im federal because in immigration deptt in NL is of the view to wait for son visitor visa decision. My son is in Saudi Arabia with his father. I submitted his application on September 16 and raised webform on December 13. The reply of webform was received on January 03 2024 that application is in que. I m realy worried and want to apply for PR on urgent basis. Please suggest. Thanks
What is stopping you from applying for PR? Who told you that you cannot apply? Is father part of application?

You cannot do much accept wait as you are within normal processing times.

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
We discussed with NL immig dept. They advised that wait for decision otherwise there are chances of mixing of pr and visitor visa application. When we applied for visit visa processing time was around 70 days. My son application is now under process more than 130 days.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We discussed with NL immig dept. They advised that wait for decision otherwise there are chances of mixing of pr and visitor visa application. When we applied for visit visa processing time was around 70 days. My son application is now under process more than 130 days.
NL Immigration is wrong. There is no way to mix up applications so makes no sense. No much you can do as processing times are based on today’s time not when you applied.

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
It means i can apply for PR even my son application is in process. I will also include my son in the PR application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It means i can apply for PR even my son application is in process. I will also include my son in the PR application.
I don’t see what is stopping you. They are two very separate processes. Son will need to complete and pass medical. Are you single? If so, father approves the move?

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
I m married. Graduated from MUN NL in 2022 December. I am 45 yrs. I stayed with my spouse in Saudi Arabia for 15 years. My spouse and youngest son 14 yrs still in Saudi arabia. My daughter 20yrs and other son 18 yrs are studying in Pakistan. We are pakustani national.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I m married. Graduated from MUN NL in 2022 December. I am 45 yrs. I stayed with my spouse in Saudi Arabia for 15 years. My spouse and youngest son 14 yrs still in Saudi arabia. My daughter 20yrs and other son 18 yrs are studying in Pakistan. We are pakustani national.
So what is the reason only son is coming on visitor visa and not rest of family? All are included in your PR application and pass the medical. All you can do is wait for TRV approval.

shahbaz79

Mar 19, 2023
PR process takes around 1 year so we decided that yougest can go on visit where as all other are busy in study and job and will move if PR approved.