+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Form Clarification needed

mrs ali

Oct 20, 2009
Hi,

I am applying for the visit visa and am filling up the form. I have following questions:

1- I am applying only for myself, but there are more columns given for spouse and children details. Am i supposed to fill that too even though i am just applying for myself because at the end of those columns at page 1 of the application form it is asked whether they will accompany me to Canada or not? Pls. provide clarification!

2- At the the last page of the form it is asked if "you or any of your family members accompanying you have ever lived for more then six months in another country apart from where you are the citizen or a permanent resident".... i am on H4 Visa and my husband is on H1 visa. I came here on the 10 of feb 2008 but my husband is here since seven or eight years ...and we are still here....so what ending date should we give because it is asking for the length of time lived.....start date in my case can be stated..but what about my husbands..and the end date for both?

I would really appreciate your help in this!

thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mrs ali said:
Hi,

I am applying for the visit visa and am filling up the form. I have following questions:

1- I am applying only for myself, but there are more columns given for spouse and children details. Am i supposed to fill that too even though i am just applying for myself because at the end of those columns at page 1 of the application form it is asked whether they will accompany me to Canada or not? Pls. provide clarification! Yes, fill them up and just tick oui or non =))

2- At the the last page of the form it is asked if "you or any of your family members accompanying you have ever lived for more then six months in another country apart from where you are the citizen or a permanent resident".... i am on H4 Visa and my husband is on H1 visa. I came here on the 10 of feb 2008 but my husband is here since seven or eight years ...and we are still here....so what ending date should we give because it is asking for the length of time lived.....start date in my case can be stated..but what about my husbands..and the end date for both? Put the date you signed your app. or present (which is also understood as the date when you signed it). Your husband is not accompanying you, so enter only your name.
I would really appreciate your help in this!

thanks