+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for Tourism from India

Kkk999

Dec 10, 2021
Are visit visas for the purpose of visiting friends or tourism being issued from India? If yes, what is the current timeline? Are such applications not a priority? Please share some experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are visit visas for the purpose of visiting friends or tourism being issued from India? If yes, what is the current timeline? Are such applications not a priority? Please share some experience
Yes they are. Timelines are based on the profile but it can be up to months.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Tourism is an option but I am not sure on what degree of priority those files would be processed. Also depends on where you apply from etc

Kkk999

Dec 10, 2021
So for Tourism (discretionary travel) is it through GC KEY rather than the IRCC portal? Is that right?

-Is it 46 days for India as per the IRCC website?

-Applying from Nagpur, India
-Is this permitted? Main applicant elder brother (age 30 and has a business in India) - family members will be spouse (dependent), sister (working elsewhere age 29) and mother (age 60 dependent)

Brother and spouse has good travel history. Sister and mother does not.

Any info is good.

Kkk999

Dec 10, 2021
So for Tourism (discretionary travel) is it through GC KEY rather than the IRCC portal? Is that right?

-Is it 46 days for India as per the IRCC website?

-Applying from Nagpur, India
-Is this permitted? Main applicant elder brother (age 30 and has a business in India) - family members will be spouse (dependent), sister (working elsewhere age 29) and mother (age 60 dependent)

Brother and spouse has good travel history. Sister and mother does not.

Any info is good.
any info guys? purpose of visit - travel, and tourism - visit family friends. Applicants are brother (business in India), wife (dependent), brothers' sister (working), and mother (dependent).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
any info guys? purpose of visit - travel, and tourism - visit family friends. Applicants are brother (business in India), wife (dependent), brothers' sister (working), and mother (dependent).
Your family would have 3 separate applications. Brother and spouse. Sister. Mother. Each application has to show proof of funds, travel history, ties to home country, reasons to travel (visit family).

Kkk999

Dec 10, 2021
Sorry correction - purpose - visit friends. Are such tourist visas being issued? And when starting an application this would be from gckey, because selecting tourism opens up gckey and family reunification opens up ircc portal. Is that correct? Any help would be great

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry correction - purpose - visit friends. Are such tourist visas being issued? And when starting an application this would be from gckey, because selecting tourism opens up gckey and family reunification opens up ircc portal. Is that correct? Any help would be great
Steps to apply for a visitor visa - Canada.ca

Tourism is not a priority due to Covid (why would you want to travel to Canada now) but visas are still being processed.

jenniferfolks

Dec 23, 2021
Good day, I was told to contact here, I live in Greece and I want to go to Canada for the first time to visit my family, but now I am just beginning to find out: what documents do I need for that? By the way, you can come visit us too!