+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa for spouse

Drjob0105

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all,
I have applied for the open work permit for my wife twice and got rejected sayin that no spousal relationship. i am planning to apply for a temporary resident visa or a visitor visa , is it advisable to do so, she has a past travel history to the USA for six months Kindly help me with this regard.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all,
I have applied for the open work permit for my wife twice and got rejected sayin that no spousal relationship. i am planning to apply for a temporary resident visa or a visitor visa , is it advisable to do so, she has a past travel history to the USA for six months Kindly help me with this regard.
Applying in quick succession could be detrimental unless you address the refusal reasons.

You'll need to post more details:
1. When did she apply both times?

2. What documents did she submit? What documents did she submit for your relationship?

3. For a TRV, what strong ties can she prove to her home country: Employment/study + property/land ownership or a lease + good personal financial situation + why did she stay for 6 months when she visited the US?

Drjob0105

Nov 21, 2017
Applying in quick succession could be detrimental unless you address the refusal reasons.

You'll need to post more details:
1. When did she apply both times?

2. What documents did she submit? What documents did she submit for your relationship?

3. For a TRV, what strong ties can she prove to her home country: Employment/study + property/land ownership or a lease + good personal financial situation + why did she stay for 6 months when she visited the US?
HI thanks for your reply,
1 the first time she got rejected on october 16 and re applied on october 22 she got rejected on november 25 .
2. she submitted marriage certificate, photos relationship documents such as whatsapp chats gmail chats and pictures taken together.
3. For a TRV she is a dentist and she cannot practise dentistry in Canada but she is currently unemployed in India so that she can visit me i got married recently only in the month of july she was in the usa to visit her sister and went back in the duration of six months so its evident that she is goin back to india i am planning to mention about the CAN+ program in which the visa is processed soon from India, now i am planning to add more documents and strengthen my covering letter so that I could possibly fetch a TRV for her ,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
HI thanks for your reply,
1 the first time she got rejected on october 16 and re applied on october 22 she got rejected on november 25 .
I would recommend that you do NOT apply at least for a few months.

Based on your post/considering her current personal and professional situation, she is most likely to be a refused a TRV if she applies.

3. For a TRV she is a dentist and she cannot practise dentistry in Canada but she is currently unemployed in India so that she can visit me i got married recently only in the month of july she was in the usa to visit her sister and went back in the duration of six months so its evident that she is goin back to india i am planning to mention about the CAN+ program in which the visa is processed soon from India, now i am planning to add more documents and strengthen my covering letter so that I could possibly fetch a TRV for her ,
CAN+ is only to expedite the visa processing time. It does not guarantee/assure that a visa will be granted.

Your documents are secondary. She must prove that she won't overstay her visit. Unfortunately, with two SOWP refusals + no strong ties, this will be difficult.

A stay of 6 months in the US indicates weak ties besides indicating the possibility to overstay her visit in Canada/to apply for an SOWP after she arrives + Being unemployed/not enrolled in a study program = Makes for a very weak application.

I would suggest that she finds employment in India (even if she has to intern, she must be paid a salary in her bank account). She must work for at least 4-5 months before she reapplies

Drjob0105

Nov 21, 2017
I would recommend that you do NOT apply at least for a few months.

Based on your post/considering her current personal and professional situation, she is most likely to be a refused a TRV if she applies.

CAN+ is only to expedite the visa processing time. It does not guarantee/assure that a visa will be granted.

Your documents are secondary. She must prove that she won't overstay her visit. Unfortunately, with two SOWP refusals + no strong ties, this will be difficult.

A stay of 6 months in the US indicates weak ties besides indicating the possibility to overstay her visit in Canada/to apply for an SOWP after she arrives + Being unemployed/not enrolled in a study program = Makes for a very weak application.

I would suggest that she finds employment in India (even if she has to intern, she must be paid a salary in her bank account). She must work for at least 4-5 months before she reapplies
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have got my ITA including her name as well. can i go ahead with applying for my pr with her on file will that increase the processing times for my pr or please give me a suggestion for what to do with my ITA i am really worried what if the pr gets rejected as well. please give me a suggestion thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have got my ITA including her name as well. can i go ahead with applying for my pr with her on file will that increase the processing times for my pr or please give me a suggestion for what to do with my ITA i am really worried what if the pr gets rejected as well. please give me a suggestion thanks in advance.
Yes, you must include her in your PR application. If you don't declare her now, you will never be able to sponsor her in the future + it would appear as misrepresentation for your PR. In any case, with two SOWP applications, she is already on the IRCC system as your spouse.

You can either include her as accompanying (she would get her COPR at the same time as you)..... or as non-accompanying (she would still need to go through medicals, etc) but she can get her COPR at a later date (after you have landed as PR).

Your PR will not be refused because of her previous visa refusals (assuming she passes the medicals and background/security checks)

Don't worry :)

Reactions: Drjob0105

Drjob0105

Nov 21, 2017
Yes, you must include her in your PR application. If you don't declare her now, you will never be able to sponsor her in the future + it would appear as misrepresentation for your PR. In any case, with two SOWP applications, she is already on the IRCC system as your spouse.

You can either include her as accompanying (she would get her COPR at the same time as you)..... or as non-accompanying (she would still need to go through medicals, etc) but she can get her COPR at a later date (after you have landed as PR).

Your PR will not be refused because of her previous visa refusals (assuming she passes the medicals and background/security checks)

Don't worry :)
thanks a lot for your kind reply,
can you please help me with the list of documents which i have to submit for my permanent residence do i need to write a lot of explanation letters for the same stating the reasons for my sowp refusals and how to strengthen my pr application. pls help thanks in advance

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
thanks a lot for your kind reply,
can you please help me with the list of documents which i have to submit for my permanent residence do i need to write a lot of explanation letters for the same stating the reasons for my sowp refusals and how to strengthen my pr application. pls help thanks in advance
The list of documents is found after the ITA questionnaire. You can also ask your question at the Express Entry section of this forum. This topic has been discussed millions of times there and there millions of threads with the list.
No need to explain the SOWP refusals but you must declare them.