+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa for Parents

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Hello all, I want to apply visit visa for my parents. Me and my wife are permanent residents and had a new born baby recently. Initially we planned to go visit India once we get vaccine or things get settled but unfortunately our newborn has to go with surgery right after birth. At this time she is still in NICU for more than a month and she needs to be properly handled when discharged. Is there anyway i can bring my parents so they can help taking care of my new born. Do i need any supporting documents from doctor? If needed what should be mentioned. Have anyone been in this situation or help me out at this difficult time.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hello all, I want to apply visit visa for my parents. Me and my wife are permanent residents and had a new born baby recently. Initially we planned to go visit India once we get vaccine or things get settled but unfortunately our newborn has to go with surgery right after birth. At this time she is still in NICU for more than a month and she needs to be properly handled when discharged. Is there anyway i can bring my parents so they can help taking care of my new born. Do i need any supporting documents from doctor? If needed what should be mentioned. Have anyone been in this situation or help me out at this difficult time.
Get a letter from the doctor as it might help to speed up.

Follow this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations on your new baby. Have your parents ever done biometrics? That may be a big stumbling block since offices are still closed in India. You should say emotional support when giving the reason for travel and not helping care for the child which could be seen as work. Yes a note from your doctor explaining that your newborn had surgery will be helpful. Unless your parents are doctors or nurses they will only be arriving to provide extra emotional support.

If your parents come to Canada it will be very important that they quarantine in a separate area of your home or an airbnb. Your newborn will be considered very vulnerable to covid so shouldn't have any contact with anyone in quarantine and if she is in the NICU or having regular appointments you can't risk potentially bringing in covid to the hospital.