No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hi everyone,

My parents would like to visit me in Canada for just 4 weeks during Christmas break. so I have following questions,. (Please note, I am a new immigrant, its been only 3 months I landed here, and I am still looking for job, however my parents has a good/fair bank statement and good travel history in last 5 years. Also they are not retired)

1.. Online application is a good option? If yes, Do every scanned document has to be NOTARIZED
2.. What about LETTER OF INVITATION, electronic PDF copy would be enough?
3..What are chances of acceptance/refusal?
4.. What else I am missing?
5.. I dont have a good bank statement in Canada, but I do have a good saving account in my country of birth (shall i write that too in invitation letter or in any application)

Thanks for the help in advance...stay happy n blessed

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1.. Online application is a good option? If yes, Do every scanned document has to be NOTARIZED
Online or paper applications are a matter of personal preference.

Do have a look at the Document Checklist for your parents' home country.... whether notarized/original/scanned documents are required.

2.. What about LETTER OF INVITATION, electronic PDF copy would be enough?
Same as the above answer..... otherwise, PDF will be fine.

3..What are chances of acceptance/refusal?
Success depends on how strong your parents' ties are to their home country (employment/property or land ownership/family/financial situation).... previous travel history to countries requiring visas will also help.... and how well they present their ties.

4.. What else I am missing?
Will you provide accommodation during their visit? Does the invitation letter mention this?

A day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates? Provisional air tickets?

Also do check the Document Checklist + post any specific queries that you may have.

5.. I dont have a good bank statement in Canada, but I do have a good saving account in my country of birth (shall i write that too in invitation letter or in any application)
It is not mandatory for the host to submit bank statements/financial evidence.... however, it could help.

Can you access the money in your savings account in your home country?

Your parents must prove they have the finances for their visit + airfare + incidental expenses

Cheers :)