+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa for parents from pakistan

ahmadfawad3

Oct 10, 2022
Hello everyone.
I Have a question
My sister lives in Canada and my parents want to visit her they live in pakistan. My parents applied for a visit visa back in 2017 and got it approved within 30 to 40 days.
They visited my sister only once.
In 2020, the visa had expired as their passport had also expired. In December 2020, they applied again, and the application is still in progress. It's been over 1.5 years now.
Any guidelines or suggestions?
Thanks.

Reactions: malihakhan8

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone.
I Have a question
My sister lives in Canada and my parents want to visit her they live in pakistan. My parents applied for a visit visa back in 2017 and got it approved within 30 to 40 days.
They visited my sister only once.
In 2020, the visa had expired as their passport had also expired. In December 2020, they applied again, and the application is still in progress. It's been over 1.5 years now.
Any guidelines or suggestions?
Thanks.
They need to submit a new application through the new portal.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

tk87

Jun 13, 2022
If Biometrics have been provided in last 10 years then I don't think there is a need to provide biometrics again.

nmatter

May 12, 2019
They have option if u want max time for visa u can give again bio . For long validity
I want to know how we can extend ? I am holder of TRV which soon going to be expired but BIO is valid for another 3 years , so in next app they will ask if I ever gave bio in last 10 years so
If I say yes and assuming visa approved than it will be max for 3 years .

and if say no (than it’s wrong statement) which May impact on application (my assumption)

So question is how I can extend bio so I can try to get max visa modify

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
I want to know how we can extend ? I am holder of TRV which soon going to be expired but BIO is valid for another 3 years , so in next app they will ask if I ever gave bio in last 10 years so

and if say no (than it’s wrong statement) which May impact on application (my assumption)

i don't think bio expiry is linked with the visa validity, if this happened then everyone gets 10 years visa not on the basis of passport expiry date as most of cases happened so you should select yes

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012

When u apply through portal there will option come tgat do u want to extand ur bio for longer trv ? If u say yes then u will give bio again

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
i don't think bio expiry is linked with the visa validity, if this happened then everyone gets 10 years visa not on the basis of passport expiry date as most of cases happened so you should select yes
Visa is always given on 2 basis your passport exipry or bio which ever expire first