+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for Parents - Combined

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi.
I am in the process of applying for trv for my parents. My mother is dependent on my father so I would prefer doing a combined application.
There are few things I wanted to know
1. In case of combined application do we have to submit all the forms for both applicants.
2. Will I have an option to make father as principal applicant and add mother as dependent.
3. In case of funds to carry question, should the amount be split in between mother and father forms or i should write amount in fathers form and for mother minimal.
4. Is the new option to choose purpose of travel to other then write "Covid-19" applicable here.

Please anyone with experience and has applied recently answer these questions will be really helpful.

Thank u

trunalgupte

Sep 10, 2011
Hello,

1. Yes, both will submit main form (application form for TRV), even if you do combined application. Online is application submission is faster. VFS is currently not taking in person files. Don't know about mailed paper application.

2. You wont have father as principle applicant and mother as dependent, as you are doing a visitor visa application, not PR application. Technically they both are applying for visa. So two separate application under same UCKEY on ircc website can be made.

3. Funds available for the stay: I would say split between two forms, they want to see that your mother and father both will have enough money for the visit. You know your father will provide money for your mother, everybody doesn't know that.

4. Sorry I did not understand the question. Are they travelling due to COVID?????? Please elaborate.

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
For question 4 - Yes, you will choose travel reason as Other and in reason mention Covid-19. People who don't do that, they have to send a follow up email to IRCC. For immediate family members of PR/Citizens, this step is required so their applications are prioritized.

Reactions: samkh89

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
For question 4 - Yes, you will choose travel reason as Other and in reason mention Covid-19. People who don't do that, they have to send a follow up email to IRCC. For immediate family members of PR/Citizens, this step is required so their applications are prioritized.

Thank you so much for the reply.
Do you have an idea about the other questions I have doubt with?

raj.nnrps

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Canada
Visa Office......
☄Mississauga/Singapore
App. Filed.......
☄Apr 28, 2016
AOR Received.
☄May 19, 2016 / SA Received :☄June 27, 2016
File Transfer...
☄June 29, 2016 / AOR2 Received :☄June 30, 2016 / CSQ Applied :☄July 6, 2016 / CSQ Issuied :☄Aug 31, 2016
Med's Done....
☄Mar 29, 2016 (Upfront) / Asked for PCC : ☄Oct 31, 2016 / PCC Delivered : ☄Nov 9, 2016 /☄ Decision Made: Nov 17, 2016
Interview........
☄ waived
Passport Req..
NOV 18, 2016 / Submitted PP: Dec 11,2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 22,2016 (Received PP on JAN 11,2017)
LANDED..........
☄MAR 12, 2017
If I apply for TRV online, do I have to upload the documents checklist, or it's not needed?
and also on the documents checklist, it says family information form imm5707e, but when I tried to apply online it says imm5645.
which one should I fill up and upload on the online form?