Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2014
LANDED..........
Will be by April 2014
Hi Friends,

I need some advice.

I am Permanent Resident living with my wife and 2 kids in Ontario. I want to apply Visit visa for my parents and my younger sister who are Indian Citizens. They will be visiting me for 3-4 weeks in summer. My parents have Tourist visa for Australia and they have traveled last year.

I am concerned about my Sister's Visa. She is student right now and doing her bachelors degree. She got her Student Visa denied last year to Canada. I wanted to know how are her chances to get the visit visa this time.
Does her studies will show good ties in India. She never traveled anywhere outside of India so no travel history.
She is the one taking care of my parents back home.

Also about the Finance, they are showing around $14000 as Fixed deposits in Bank in India. Is this sufficient amount for 3 people. I will be supporting them as well financially and will show my payslips and Notice of Assessment.

Any advice would be greatly Appreciated!
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If your sister was denied a study permit to Canada last year, this increases the chances a visitor visa will be refused as well. She will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country (employment, school enrollment, etc.). Does she work? Is she attending school full time?

I would not bother saying that your parents are a tie and that she takes care of them since she was willing to leave them to study in Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Friends,

I need some advice.

I am Permanent Resident living with my wife and 2 kids in Ontario. I want to apply Visit visa for my parents and my younger sister who are Indian Citizens. They will be visiting me for 3-4 weeks in summer. My parents have Tourist visa for Australia and they have traveled last year.

I am concerned about my Sister's Visa. She is student right now and doing her bachelors degree. She got her Student Visa denied last year to Canada. I wanted to know how are her chances to get the visit visa this time.
Does her studies will show good ties in India. She never traveled anywhere outside of India so no travel history.
She is the one taking care of my parents back home.
Any reason why you would like your sister to accompany your parents?

Are your parents employed/ business/ retired?

Also about the Finance, they are showing around $14000 as Fixed deposits in Bank in India. Is this sufficient amount for 3 people. I will be supporting them as well financially and will show my payslips and Notice of Assessment.
Your finances are secondary. Your parents (and sister) must prove that they can afford the visit with their own funds (not borrowed from anyone).

Fixed deposits are not good as 'Funds available for my visit'.

Do your parents have adequate liquid funds: Bank balance, rental income, income, foreign currency, Forex cards, etc?