+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa For My Mom & GrandMom - Same application or Different ??

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well !! Am planning to apply for a Visitor visa for my mother and grandmother. Should they have to apply separately for the visit visa ? Or My mom can open an application and add my Grand mother to it as accompanying ? Which one is right and best way to apply ?

If my mom apply for Both in same application, then do they have to travel together ? Coz they will be travelling to Canada separately. Will there be any issues if they travel alone ? Any problem with Immigration ?

If they apply separately, will my grand mother visa will be approved ? Coz she is 65 and their might be high chance of rejecting since she is old and have to travel alone ?

Please do post our suggestion in order for the best possible way to apply Visitor visa and make myself clear about this process. Thanks in advance !
**Me and my wife are PR in Canada**

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They need to apply separately. 65 is not considered old. Both their approvals will depend on their ability to prove strong ties to their home country (job, property, family members dependent on them, etc.), their previous travel history to countries that require visas like US, UK, Australia, etc. and their financial assets. They must show they can pay for their own visits and it will not use a large portion of their assets.

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
Thanks for the update. But my Grand mother lives with my Mom and she has no property in her name. But she do get the Government pension. And she does have enough money to prove her stay here.Both have no travel history yet.Any other documents can be helpful for my grandmother's visa ?

And also, why we should not apply in a single application ? Just curious for an answer .Thanks !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the update. But my Grand mother lives with my Mom and she has no property in her name. But she do get the Government pension. And she does have enough money to prove her stay here.Both have no travel history yet.Any other documents can be helpful for my grandmother's visa ?
1. Is your grandmom financially dependent on your mom? Can it be proved with evidence?
2. When does she need to return to renew the pension?
3. 65 years is not old. Nonetheless, do include a copy of an overseas travel medical insurance policy for her visit even if it is not mandatory.

And also, why we should not apply in a single application ? Just curious for an answer .Thanks !
That's because only immediate family members (as defined by IRCC) can apply in the same online account. This refers to applicant + spouse + dependent children

Mohan raj

Jul 19, 2016
1. Does your mom live with any other dependent family members?
My grand mom had 2 kids where one of them was my mom and the other was deceased. So technically she lives with my mom. And no one else is dependent other than my mom. Clear?

2. What is their purpose of visit and for how long?
Just to come visit me (grandchild) maybe for a month.

What supporting documents needed to show her ties back home ? Also suggest any documents so I can get ready of those as well.Thanks !

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Does your mom live with any other dependent family members?
My grand mom had 2 kids where one of them was my mom and the other was deceased. So technically she lives with my mom. And no one else is dependent other than my mom. Clear?

2. What is their purpose of visit and for how long?
Just to come visit me (grandchild) maybe for a month.

What supporting documents needed to show her ties back home ? Also suggest any documents so I can get ready of those as well.Thanks !
IMO, they must not apply together. You may want to consider applying for your grandmom first.... and your mom can apply after your grandmom is approved. No, chances of approval do not depend on "old age" and intending to travel alone.

Your grandmom only has her pension + your mom as the family tie to return to.

Not sure what ties your mom can demonstrate + also not sure if their financial situation is adequate to support the visit